QB Situation Next Year

What should the QBs do next year to have the most success assuming schaffer stays?

• Total voters
You would not gain anything by rotaing Ainge and Clausen. Clausen has no dynamic that Ainge doesn't already have.

Originally posted by GAVol@Feb 28, 2005 11:17 AM
But now that Gandy is out for the season . . . Do you think we should start a thread about our Center controversey?

:p

Originally posted by GAVol@Feb 28, 2005 12:17 PM
But now that Gandy is out for the season . . . Do you think we should start a thread about our Center controversey?

Yes please!

Originally posted by GAVol@Feb 28, 2005 9:17 AM

They're already ruining the damn board... :p

Unless he screws up somehow, everybody knows Ainge will be the man going in.

I still think Brent should be used as a semi-back who flares a bit behind the tight end and either gets a quick pitch or a quick pass and then does his thing. You could get him outside quickly or let him cut back against the grain, etc.

I don't see him playing a lot of QB in the future as the main man and if that's what he wants to do, I think he will eventually transfer.

We have four (Yes, four) good dudes that we can use back there and it will eventually work its way through.

Ainge is the man, and everyone should know that by now. I would also like to finish my QB stuff up here and thank Rick Clausen for the OUTSTANDING job he did coming in under the conditions he had to deal with last year.

Aloha eveybody! :twocents:

I don't understand why people count Schaeffer out...when he beat everybody out last year... is it unconceivable to think he couldn't do it again?....if you want to base it off who was able to move the team.. then you gotta go with Clausen....we were able to open up the playbook more when he became the guy.....I think the battle goes into the fall...and Jon Crompton will be a factor as well....IMO he should be included in the poll too..

Last year, Ainge and Schaeffer both got barely any practice time. Schaeffer looked impressive against the marshmallow teams but when the real competition came in, he folded. Ainge didn't look perfect, but he looked pretty damn good.

Ainge is our man this year......What does he have to do to prove himself to some of you guys? He beat Florida, Bama, and Georgia......Would have beaten Notre Dame had he not been hurt....Ainge is going to be our man next year

Ainge is good and all...but you act like he is far ahead of the other guys.........he only has what 4 games or so under his belt as a starter...and in some of those games he did look subpar.....how can you count out rick..... showed last year that he had the BEST command of the offense... our offesne was much more productive with Clausen....our WRs only had 1 100yd game bewteen them..before Clausen became the starter...........they played much better with Clausen at the helm....and we were able to open it up more and take adavantage of a deeper playbook..........I could care less how many yards you pass for etc..etc...i want to start the QB that gives us the best chance to win a NC..........everybody is in love with Ainge because he reminds them of Peyton.......we didn't win alot of BIG GAMES with Peyton.....I thought the measuring stick for QBs...was championships....not TDs...Yards..etc........if that is the case Timmy Chang is the nation's best!!!!!

VN Store

Back