QB situation

All of them scare me. Maybe we should run the ball like Kentucky did with it's emergency QB/WR and see what happens. The Orange and White game did little to alleviate my fears. Either our D is unbelievably good or our O is unbelievably pathetic. Peterman and Worley looked awful.

The OW Game isn't a real game so I don't know why it scared you. Plus we had a ton of offensive injuries that had a lot of guys sidelined. The OW game was a joke this year in terms of being able to evaluate the full potential of a certain player or let alone the team. So don't get your panties in a wad.

What should make you fearful is people saying one of the freshmen is going to beat out Worley or Peterman. Although CBJ and others keep mentioning they are encouraged by their progress and yada yada - neither of them even weigh 200 lbs!

I'm telling you, the "dark horse" media-wise is Peterman. Not a ton has been focused on him with the "defacto starter" Worley and the "phenom" freshmen the media keep overdoing it with, but he's a beast and I'm confident he's the right man for the job and the face of the program. You have to remember too, the media self-reportedly says they get kicked out of practice everyday at a certain point so they're not even seeing the whole picture. Trust the coaches and be patient.

All of them scare me. Maybe we should run the ball like Kentucky did with it's emergency QB/WR and see what happens. The Orange and White game did little to alleviate my fears. Either our D is unbelievably good or our O is unbelievably pathetic. Peterman and Worley looked awful.

Welcome to VN. I gotta agree with the above poster on the O & W game. It's just something for the fans to look forward to during the spring. All of them are good QB's and hopefully they have good coaches. They should do just fine.

Last edited:
I think Worley could be a great QB if he could get his nerves under control. Peterman didn't look good at the O&W game, but it is the O&W game. Whoever it is I trust in CBJ.

Riley will be our best qb..like I've said all along..He may not start right away but by the time all of these qb's careers are over, he will have the better career than the other 3 IMO..btw how is Rod Wilks Jr doing in camp? I haven't heard much about either 1.

Yea the O&W game isn't a very good indicator of how the the players will perform...... As an above poster mentioned, Bray went 5-30 a couple of springs ago, and he had no problem putting up big numbers against opponents (Although not a good record). I think Worley will end up starting and will actually exceed expectations.

VN Store

Back