Question about the Vols bball team...

How will the men's bball team's season end?

• Total voters
were going to have to get about 7 more wins in the sec, 9 more and i garuntee we wil get in, we need about 20 wins to get in.

They need more quality wins to get in the tournament....Like Miss State for example...good win...they need to beat the rank teams...Louisville and Kentucky both would have looked good on a tourney resume....Winning a couple of games in the SEC tournament wouldn't hurt us either

Attachments

• riggsshedsatackle.jpg
    riggsshedsatackle.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 7
Something tells me this team is gonna finish better than they started. Not that that would be TOO difficult.

Post Season? Who can stand to watch any more than absolutely necesary.

Wingate has played well the last couple of games though. Props to him and Lofton.

once crump gets back we should be good. we will be a real solid team. with him and the way wingate is playing, plus how scooter and lofton our shooting we can finish strong. for buzz petersons sake he better hpe we do anyways.

01/29 at Auburn 6:00 PM
02/2 at Vanderbilt 8:00 PM
02/5 LSU 7:00 PM
02/9 No. 17 Alabama 8:00 PM
02/12 Florida 5:00 PM
02/19 at Mississippi 3:00 PM
02/23 South Carolina 7:30 PM
02/26 at Arkansas 4:05 PM
03/2 at No. 6 Kentucky 8:00 PM
03/5 Georgia TBA

this is the rest of ur schedule minus the sec tournament.

we need to win 7 more counting sec tournament, in other words we need crump or we might not be going anywhere.

I have been a little disappointed in Scooter. He seems to be streaky. I guess that happens when you are expected to be a leader every night.

Originally posted by vols2345@Jan 25, 2005 11:27 PM
01/29 at Auburn          6:00 PM   
02/2 at Vanderbilt  8:00 PM   
02/5 LSU                    7:00 PM   
02/9 No. 17 Alabama  8:00 PM 
02/12 Florida          5:00 PM   
02/19 at Mississippi  3:00 PM   
02/23 South Carolina  7:30 PM   
02/26 at Arkansas  4:05 PM   
03/2 at No. 6 Kentucky  8:00 PM 
03/5 Georgia            TBA

this is the rest of ur schedule minus the sec tournament.

we need to win 7 more counting sec tournament,  in other words we need crump or we might not be going anywhere.

The Vanderbilt, Florida, Bama, LSU, Kentucky and South Carolina games would look nice on a Tournament resume....Like I said, a couple of games in the SEC tournament would help us out some too

Attachments

• riggsshedsatackle.jpg
    riggsshedsatackle.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 1
but lofton is picking up the slck. we have some for star recruit coming next year so i am hopeing that next year we will atleast copete in our conference.

Yeah, Scooter is absolutely inconsistent, as are several other guys. Wingate is actually beginning to look like a player...emphasis on beginning. Given the wins over FL and MSU and a game we shoulda won vs. SC, at least there's sign of improvement. We played well against UL for 3/4 of the game. Still though, I say we have 4-5 wins left.

If we pick up Tyler Smith and the Gordon kid next year and get a good juco or 2, we'll be ok.

also arkansas, we need that game. but we just need to focus on one game at a time. aubrun would be a tough out and i heard that crump may not play friday either. if he doesnt play then we could be in toruble. i think we can beat kentucky a second time around. crump wouldnt let all them freakin offensive rebounds. i cant belive that a 6-8 guy cant reach up and grab the ball out of the air.

Originally posted by vols2345@Jan 25, 2005 11:37 PM
also arkansas, we need that game. but we just need to focus on one game at a time. aubrun would be a tough out and i heard that crump may not play friday either. if he doesnt play then we could be in toruble. i think we can beat kentucky a second time around. crump wouldnt let all them freakin offensive rebounds. i cant belive that a 6-8 guy cant reach up and grab the ball out of the air.

Well when your boxed out there isn't a whole lot you can do about it......Size don't matter when you're rebounding...If you've got your body on a guy and you're 5'9 and he's 6'5 and you've got a body on the guy thats taller than you....90% of the time you get the rebound and the other 10% of the time you get an over the back call.....So really it don't matter how tall you are as long as you're boxed out you're not going to get get that rebound

Attachments

• riggsshedsatackle.jpg
    riggsshedsatackle.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 0
I don't know how much more I can take of this team. Never in my life have I seen so much bad ball playing and bad luck rolled up into one team.

Originally posted by Orangewhiteblood@Jan 26, 2005 12:04 AM
I don't know how much more I can take of this team. Never in my life have I seen so much bad ball playing and bad luck rolled up into one team.

don't forget lack of leadership....on the court and on the bench.

They can't rebound Freak, I have never seen so many missed shots bounce right to the other team. Not just in this game, in every game. I say they should hang it up and get ready for next year. I am put out with them.

Aw, y'all...hush. Chris Lofton is a star in the making and this team could be a LOT worse. And they DID beat Florida. That HAS to count for SOMETHING!!

I agree. Like I said earlier I don't think we got a loose ball all night. I don't think we thought we could win tonight. It's very frustrating. Maybe if Crump comes back and Wingate continues to improve we can win a few down the stretch.

Originally posted by LadyinOrange@Jan 26, 2005 12:10 AM
Aw, y'all...hush. Chris Lofton is a star in the making and this team could be a LOT worse. And they DID beat Florida. That HAS to count for SOMETHING!!

After losing to Louisville and Kentucky, I bet you Lofton was thinking about what might have been. If I were him, I would be gone next year.

it dont count for nothing. we need a different offensive sheme and defesive scheme. and you know how to do that, get rid of the coach, and that is exactly what we need to do. i will say this though, if crump comes back by the aurburn game on the 29th i say we have a shot at getting into march maddness

Man you guys are supposed to be fans. So far tonight we have Schaeffer and Lofton leaving. :lol:

i dont see lofton leaving, he still has alot of room for improvement and i dont think anyone is going to leave on a losing team when you are the highest upside. i think that buzz will talk to him and tell him about the recruits we have coming here next year and he will stay.

VN Store

Back