Question about the Vols bball team...

How will the men's bball team's season end?

• Total voters
In the postgame radio broadcast he was quoted as saying ( about being at Tennessee and not KY) "It has worked out well for me and for them so everything is good."

Originally posted by LadyinOrange@Jan 26, 2005 12:20 AM
In the postgame radio broadcast he was quoted as saying ( about being at Tennessee and not KY) "It has worked out well for me and for them so everything is good."

Well, at least he doesn't have the pressure of looking as good as the rest of the team. Plus, he gets a lot of playing time.

He sounded a little down, but not too much. He was honest about the team's shortcomings though. He said his biggest concern right now, other than Crump, is Scooter McFagdon not playing with confidence.

Scooter drives me nuts, when he is on the team does better. When he is off, watch out!!

Quote from CBP.....

TENNESSEE HEAD COACH Buzz Peterson:
"We could never get anything going. We did not do a good job overall, but especially allowing them so many offensive rebounds. We did a poor job of boxing out.

"Kentucky is a very good team. We spent a lot of time trying to get our halfcourt offense going. Kentucky has so many weapons on offense, and when they start crashing the boards like they did tonight, it really presents some problems.

"I did not think we were tired, not like we were against Louisville. It hurt us in the first half when we gave up so many layups. We tried to mix up our defenses, but we were far out of sync. Too much freelancing.

"We have Brandon Crump with a boot and a crutch to try to keep the pressure off. It will be a while. We must go out and play without him. Where Kentucky really gets you is with their offensive rebounds.

"It is important that we get Scooter McFadgon going again. For one thing, he needs to spend more time practicing his shots. He just is not playing with very much confidence. We have got to get him back."

Originally posted by vols2345@Jan 25, 2005 11:27 PM
has he said anything about the play of wingate?

On the radio, Bert Bertelkamp (sp?) mentioned Major stepping up and Buzz agreed. He said that having him play like that WITH Crump on the team would make them a totally different team.

:peace2:

"They will be invited to the Dance."

You have got to be kidding me! I'll take that vote -- in 2009.

I really did not expect them to beat both Louisville and Kentucky even WITH Crump. So, no I am not surprised that they lost the last 2 games. Quality and depth is an issue in the low post. If Crump comes back, I think they'll make a run for the NCAA. The losses to #12 Louisville and #6 Kentucky do not diminish the wins over #22 Mississippi State and at Florida.

I predict the following.... assuming Crump returns prior to the LSU game...
01/29 at Auburn 6:00 PM WIN
02/2 at Vanderbilt 8:00 PM LOSS
02/5 LSU 7:00 PM WIN
02/9 No. 17 Alabama 8:00 PM LOSS
02/12 Florida 5:00 PM WIN
02/19 at Mississippi 3:00 PM WIN
02/23 South Carolina 7:30 PM WIN
02/26 at Arkansas 4:05 PM WIN
03/2 at No. 6 Kentucky 8:00 PM LOSS
03/5 Georgia TBA WIN

That would give the Vols a 17-12 overall record, 10-6 conf. record.... including 5 conference road wins (they already have 2). To get into the NCAA, I still think they need to win at least one game in the sec tournament. With an 18-13 record... I think the Vols would be in.

You won't get a knee jerk reaction out of me on the last 2 games because unlike football, the basketball season does not hinge on just 1 or 2 games. However, Crump is crucial to this team putting together a 7-3 run to finish the season.

:twocents:

VN Store

Back