Quote from Cooper Mays

"I have had guys that weren’t just mature, they were 24 or 25 years old, like older guys."

I'm not seeing how this comment is knocking anyone. Seems Cooper is implying that Joe and Hendon weren't just older guys - grown men - but were both mature, and the difference now is he is working with a kid who is exemplifying these same kinds of traits.

I'll never get why some fans need to find the negative slant in everything, even when it clearly isn't there.
I have this figured out. According to the anti Joe crowd, the only thing that would satisfy them is having Milton shot, then hung, drawn and quartered, THEN burned at the stake.

Prove me wrong. Then again, it’s August and I really don’t want to get into the Wayback Machine and pull up the posts.

I have this figured out. According to the anti Joe crowd, the only thing that would satisfy them is having Milton shot, then hung, drawn and quartered, THEN burned at the stake.

Prove me wrong. Then again, it’s August and I really don’t want to get into the Wayback Machine and pull up the posts.

Joe Milton wasn't a bad QB (better than Guarantano), he just wasn't a great QB either. I think Nico has the potential to be a Great QB. Going off recruiting rankings, he is probably the best QB out there.

Milton was a game manager last season and Guarantano would have been better off moving to another position during his Tennessee career.

I think the OP was focusing in on the strangely worded phrase '...I have had guys that weren’t just mature, they were 24 or 25 years old...' and reading it as '...just weren't mature...'. Personally, I don't pretend to know what that phrase meant, so it is what it is. Really doesn't matter much at this point.
In college football, mature used to mean 21 or 22. I can't think of many 25 year year old college QBs just a handful of years ago.

Milton was a game manager last season and Guarantano would have been better off moving to another position during his Tennessee career.

Agree. Milton isn't a bad QB though. With more talent, he could have gotten hype. He doesn't have the fast decision making that can get you in the bind like an elite QB would have (see Hendon Hooker). I feel like Nico will be an upgrade but we will see.

Yeah, Guarantano didn't have a lot. I do wonder that had he gone into a different system (just as Heupel's system) whether he would have been developed better. I still think he had a ceiling that was a lot lower than Milton or Hooker.

Reactions: Volfan1000

VN Store

Back