Raiders' pursuit of Jon Gruden could include ownership stake, sources say

Grad Assistant at UT or not; local property owner or not; Vol fan or not; he is not a VFL. He never was, and he never will be. He left an entire fan base hanging on his every word, move, and wardrobe choice for weeks. And for no reason. He knew what was going on in Knoxville, and Vol Nation. He did nothing to dampen the hopes, rumors, or enthusiasm. I wish him well in whatever choices he makes going forward, but if he's waiting for me to show up and ask for his autograph...I hope he brought a Snickers bar with him.

Go Vols.

Reactions: 5 people
Grad Assistant at UT or not; local property owner or not; Vol fan or not; he is not a VFL. He never was, and he never will be. He left an entire fan base hanging on his every word, move, and wardrobe choice for weeks. And for no reason. He knew what was going on in Knoxville, and Vol Nation. He did nothing to dampen the hopes, rumors, or enthusiasm. I wish him well in whatever choices he makes going forward, but if he's waiting for me to show up and ask for his autograph...I hope he brought a Snickers bar with him.

Go Vols.

He’s no VFL, but it’s not his fault we have a lot of stupid, gullible fans, and not his responsibilty to make sure they know what his job plans are.

Reactions: 5 people

Go Vols.

His agent called the idea of Gruden coaching UT a fantasy last time around. How much stronger of a rejection do you need? It’s not his job to publicly comment every time UT fans make up rumors. When de he ever claim to be a VFL? Because he has said publicly positive things about us? He does that with everyone.

Reactions: 1 person

Go Vols.

Not an "entire fan base", a lot of us were laughing at you with the rest of the world.

Reactions: 3 people
Not an "entire fan base", a lot of us were laughing at you with the rest of the world.

I didn't buy in until the end, when it actually started to get traction with some of the media. He knew (his son goes to UT, remember?), and all it would have taken was one sentence from him. Agents lie with every other breath. Sometimes, "fantasy" means bring more money to the table.

Personally, I wasn't butt-hurt. I was here the next day trying to figure out who really was a viable candidate.

There are some really good reasons to laugh at me. My wife can give you enough material to last you for years. This wasn't one of them, and my point...I suppose...was that it's time to let Jon Gruden go. For good.

Go Vols.

I seen, I believe foxsports or yahoo, that the raiders were keeping their present coach. Didn't read the article. Just sayin'.

If only Dave Hart had not blown the deal at the 11th hour, we would be discussing tomorrow night's playoff game. Bama Dave blew it. He just blew it and he was ready to come and build on his property! :cray:

Only way the fire him is if Gruden has signed on the dotted line IMO.

Maybe, or they’re taking a gamble and trying to roll the carpet out for Gruden even further.

Either way, it just broke in the last half hour.

He actually basically promoted himself for the Bucs job again and they blew him off. He knows ESPN is sinking fast, I think he goes back to Raiders.

Are you kidding? If anything this year proved we have a sizable section of the fanbase that’s stupid enough to fall for it again.

I guarantee a third of this website’s users would fall for it again. Despite common sense and zero evidence, they will believe whatever a stranger on the internet tells them.

VN Store

Back