Raleigh Returns to Old Stomping Grounds as UT Travels to Face Western Carolina

Thurber flies out to the warning track in left-center. Osborne gets a base hit. One on with one out for Norfork. Osborne gets caught trying to steal. Raleigh is out on the field arguing the call but heads back to the dugout. 2 outs. Norfork grounds out to the SS to end the top of the 6th.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Nick Blount has retired the first 11 batters he's faced. Catamounts go down 1,2,3 again. Blount is dealing!!! Liles, Polk and Hawn will bat in the top of the 7th.

Liles reaches 2nd on a bunt that was fielded by the pitcher but thrown into right field. Men on first and second as Polk walks on 5 pitches. Hawn up with 2 on and no outs. Liles scores on an RBI single by Hawn. Polk advances to third. Men on the corners with no outs and Duffy steps up to the plate. 10-8 Vols. Another RBI single by Duffy makes it an 11-8 lead for the Vols. Still no outs.

Ramsey lays down a beautiful sac bunt to give the Vols runners at 2nd and 3rd with one out.

A 2 run double by Forsythe makes 13-8 Vols! Western Carolina goes back to the bullpen for another pitching change.

Thurber follows with a double that hit the top of the wall in left. Vols on 2nd and 3rd for Osborne. Osborne strikes out for the 2nd out. Norfork is up. Norfork walks to bring up Liles with the bases juiced. Liles flies out to right to strand 3.

Nothing doing for the Cats. We head to the top of the 8th. The Vols still lead 13-8.

Polk walks and steals second followed by a 2 run BOMB by Cody Hawn!!! Vols lead 15-8.

After Duffy grounds out Ramsey gets a single followed by an RBI single by Forsythe. 16-8 Vols.

A two RBI single by Grisham makes it 18-8 Vols. Liles is up with one out. Liles flies out to right for the second out. Runners on the corners for PJ.

After Polk's 5th walk of the night, Stubbs grounds out for the final out.

Josh Allman gets the Catamounts out in order. The Vols lead 18-8 going into the 9th.

Duffy gets stranded at first after a single. Crnkovich comes on to try to finish off the Catamounts in the bottom of the 9th.

Man on first with 2 outs as Crnkovich is one out away from the save!

A fly ball to right end it as the Vols beat Western Carolina 18-8!!! Great win!!!!!
GO VOLS!!!!!

Nice job on the updates... I was following along on my phone.

Nice job on the updates... I was following along on my phone.

Thanks Freak! I enjoyed doing it! The Vols desperately need a sweep this weekend against Vandy in order to have any hope for a trip to Hoover. I know it's a tall order but crazier things have happened. Go Vols!!!

VN Store

Back