Rank the best dual threat QB's in the nation

I'll give you Big Ben, but how exactly is a guy who backed up Joey Harrington last year supposed to further your argument?

This isn't a discussion of pro potential. Byron Leftwich was a good college QB. Most of the guys on that list won't do a whole lot in the NFL.

This isn't a discussion of pro potential. Byron Leftwich was a good college QB. Most of the guys on that list won't do a whole lot in the NFL.

I don't see any other reason for you to have brought their names up then. Byron Leftwich was exactly that, a good college quarterback, in the MAC

I don't see any other reason for you to have brought their names up then. Byron Leftwich was exactly that, a good college quarterback, in the MAC

He was a good college quarterback, no matter where he played. I see your point though.

no. LeFevour out rushed each in the 2 year span. not Grothe's and Jucie's combined

I would bet any amount of money that if you asked any coach in a BCS conference who they would have a harder time defending if he ran they would say Juice Williams. Except for Pete Carroll, who would say, who is Dan LeFevour?

Ben Roethlisberger and Byron Leftwich
Yeah, how good did the Bowling Green guys that had such great numbers in the MAC turn out to be? It's a league that plays putrid defense. Pat White would rush for 2,000 yards in that league. Tebow would throw for 4,000.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

As a true "dual-threat", I'd rank Pat White #1. If he stays healthy this year, I think he wins the Heisman.

All of them are good the top two or three are great. But, IMO only one will play on Sunday's (at qb). And of course its baby jesus.

Tim Tebow could pass right handed and still be better than White.

I agree. Tebow's a better passer., and a better overall quarterback...but White's a more electrifying runner...which is why I prefer White as the better "dual-threat" quarterback.

I agree. Tebow's a better passer., and a better overall quarterback...but White's a more electrifying runner...which is why I prefer White as the better "dual-threat" quarterback.

I guess we have a different view of a dual-threat QB. The difference between Tebow and White's running ability is much closer than their passing. Tebow has a huge advantage in the passing department.

the main difference between Tebow and Pat White, Tebow doesn't have to rely on his running abilities nearly as much as White does.

Running QB: Pat White by a slight margin over Tebow
Throwing QB: Tim Tebow by a huge margin over Pat White
Dual Threat QB: Tim Tebow

Armanti Edwards Statistics

167-274 ((60.9 pct.)) 2,251 yards 15 td's 10 int 140.9 rating
188 rush 1,153 yards 15 td's (as a freshman, won NC, and keep in mind, RB Kevin Richardson rushed for 30 td's that year)

148-222 ((66.7 pct)) 1,948 yards 17 td's 7 ints 159.3 rating
237 rush 1,588 yards 21 tds (Won NC)

I would be inclined to agree with you on Edwards. If we are going to give a MAC QB the nod, why not a Division 1 FCS QB?

Just to throw this in too... Central Michigan probably wouldn't have beaten Michigan. just saying.

Armanti Edwards Statistics

167-274 ((60.9 pct.)) 2,251 yards 15 td's 10 int 140.9 rating
188 rush 1,153 yards 15 td's (as a freshman, won NC, and keep in mind, RB Kevin Richardson rushed for 30 td's that year)

148-222 ((66.7 pct)) 1,948 yards 17 td's 7 ints 159.3 rating
237 rush 1,588 yards 21 tds (Won NC)

of course, but I was pretty much basing it on D1 QB's

VN Store

Back