Ranking Our Schedule

Bama's brand is so much bigger than Washington's. Even before Saban arrived, the tide have always been able to land big time prospects but Saban was able to take their recruiting to unprecedented heights. The recruiting should continue to be pretty darn good for KD, unless for some unforeseen reason he is not cut out for the grind of the SEC.

What I expect from Bama is for the tide’s remaining defensive players to carry forward Saban’s discipline for a few years (similar to how he left LSU). What worries me is that Deboer can improve their offense at the same time. An improved Bama offense and a well disciplined defense would have to be the favorite to win the SEC.

Reactions: PEPPERJAX
What I expect from Bama is for the tide’s remaining defensive players to carry forward Saban’s discipline for a few years (similar to how he left LSU). What worries me is that Deboer can improve their offense at the same time. An improved Bama offense and a well disciplined defense would have to be the favorite to win the SEC.
Yeah anything is possible. The good news is that it is highly unlikely that KD will have anything close to the amount of success Saban had during his time at bama. That level of dominance may not be seen for a very long time or ever again.

From hardest to easiest:

At UGA
Bama
At OU
Florida
NCState at Charlotte
at Arkansas
Kentucky
Miss State
UTEP
Kent State
at Vandy
Chatt
at UGA
Bama
at OU
NC State at Charlotte
Florida
at Arkansas
Kentucky
Miss State
UTEP
Kent State
at Vandy
Chatt

Can you imagine the gnashing of teeth if we beat them TSIO? They have potential to be really good but also have potential to lose their mojo

They won't be one of the top 4 teams in CFB like bama was under Saban but good enough to make a 12 team playoff in most years. Kalen Deboer can coach dude.

I’m thinking they are going back to the Perkins/Curry era(s). I just don’t see them being like Miami of old where it was almost plug and play any coach and win a NC.

Reactions: njvols
We are only a big underdog in 1 game GA. Bama, OK slight dogs. This year has a chance again to be special. How does Heard perform on OL and the new secondary pieces better than transfers. If both are yes I expect 10-2 with 11-1 possible. To me everyone but GA and Texas maybe have questions that will be answered during season. Going to be fun. In CHRIST Alone

Reactions: VolFanatic27
at UGA
Bama
at OU
NC State at Charlotte
Florida
at Arkansas
Kentucky
Miss State
UTEP
Kent State
at Vandy
Chatt
I would put Chattanooga above Vandy for the simple fact UC will be playing it's first game of the year with room to improve. Vandy plays us toward the end and they are going through the motions

Reactions: Volfan1000
I’m thinking they are going back to the Perkins/Curry era(s). I just don’t see them being like Miami of old where it was almost plug and play any coach and win a NC.
We’d all welcome that! Bottom line is kinda like you said plug and play is difficult with new scheme new coaches and a lot of new faces everywhere and the ones who are legacy you know there’s going to be some “Saban didn’t do it like that” going on. QB will have a lot to do w their success, but everyone’s got tape on him and his tendencies. Feels like a 9ish win season to me

From hardest to easiest:

At UGA
Bama
At OU
Florida
NCState at Charlotte
at Arkansas
Kentucky
Miss State
UTEP
Kent State
at Vandy
Chatt

Vols have had trouble winning at Fayetteville in football and men's basketball on a consistent basis.

The Big 3 are the hardest games equally. Those 3 games mean too much to both sides. It's the same 3 games that have controlled our destiny for decades.
@ UGA
vs Bama
vs Florida
@ OU
vs KY
N NC St.
@ Ark
vs Miss St
@ Vandy
vs Utep
vs Kent St
vs Chatt

Bama: New HC, new OC, new DC, lost over 30 to the transfer portal, inc. four 5* and thirteen 4*. Bama is going down. @OU should be a tougher game.

they actually lost 25 four stars and 3 five stars to the portal. But they brought in 21 four stars and 4 five stars between the portal and signing class. Talent wise was almost a push. Experience wise they lose quite a bit.

They return 32 fours stars and 10 five stars. So they have plenty of high end talent on the roster. The question is, what can that staff do with them?

so they will have 53 four stars and 14 five stars on the roster. Very talented.

they actually lost 25 four stars and 3 five stars to the portal. But they brought in 21 four stars and 4 five stars between the portal and signing class. Talent wise was almost a push. Experience wise they lose quite a bit.

They return 32 fours stars and 10 five stars. So they have plenty of high end talent on the roster. The question is, what can that staff do with them?

This^ is right and IMO it will be how DeBoer handles Milroe he was wavering last year and Saban benched him vs UCF and it seemed to help. It could go either way this year Milroe has already said that DeBoer was totally different from Saban so we will watch it play out. Milroe is not a natural passer, but he has a lot around him. This is a must watch it could go either way I personally think Milroe had a lot of lucky breaks last year after he retained his starting job, especially the TD vs Auburn was just a prayer.

@ Georgia
@ Oklahoma
vs Alabama
n NC State
vs Florida
@ Arkansas
vs Kentucky
vs Mississippi St
@ Vandy
vs UTEP
vs Kent St
vs Chattanooga

Thanks for the facts you continuously bring to this conversation.

Reactions: LWSVOL

VN Store

Back