Rankings 4/10/2023

We gonna be just fine and in Hoover. Don't expect us to make a deep run there, though. Expect us to host a regional.

Don't be shocked when we host a super.

Two months from now, this team will enjoy much more success than it is currently seeing.

We gonna be just fine and in Hoover. Don't expect us to make a deep run there, though. Expect us to host a regional.

Don't be shocked when we host a super.

Two months from now, this team will enjoy much more success than it is currently seeing.
I do think this early adversity is going to make us a serious contender come postseason.

I have no issue with the rankings. We are not getting the wins. Our stats aren't bad, but when you don't translate that into wins that says something. I understand we are playing the top teams. I am not disappointed. I am saying the rankings for our body of work are reasonable. We can still win and compete this year. There is still time. Good players on this team. Go Vols!

Reactions: chuckiepoo
NCBWA now added.

Saw a tweet last night that said if the season ended now; the consensus #1 LSU Tigers would be the #6 seed in Hoover. I checked and that is accurate

1- Vanderbilt 11-1 .917
2- Arkansas 8-4 .667
3- South Carolina 9-2 .818
4- Kentucky 9-3 .750
5- Florida 9-3 .750
6- LSU 7-4 . 636
7- Tennessee 5-7 .417
8- Texas A&M 5-7 .417
9- Alabama 4-8 .333
10- Missouri 4-8 .333
11- Auburn 4-8 .333
12- Miss State 3-9 .250
13- Georgia 3-9 .250
14- Mississippi 2-10 .167

5-7 is not a sky-is-falling record and is the product of not getting swept by LSU and Florida despite terrible game 1 and 2 performances
LSU is in 6 the because they can't sweep anybody so far.
Georgia is in the midst of one of their patented 8-year swoons. ZERO excuse for that school to be mediocre or worse in baseball.
I think Tennessee goes to Hoover because I'm not convinced UGA and Ole Miss get over 10 wins without significant improvement.
I don't believe the bottom 6 is as good as they've been in past season but the top-8 is likely stronger than ever.

Last edited:
Reactions: txbo and chuckiepoo
We need to sweep Arkansas on the road and win our mid week. That will put us back in top ten. Gonna be hard to do that though unless the chase boys pitch like beam did Sunday.
You can forget a sweep (unless it is by the pigs). I'd be tickled to get the series.

Looking at NCAA stats.
Team ERA 2nd
Team WHIP 2nd
Team HRs hit 10th
Team Shutouts tied for 1st
Team Strikeout to Walk Ratio 3rd
Team Strikeouts pitched 3rd
Team Walks allowed per nine 3rd

So we are still very much in the thick of it pitching wise but just lack the hitting to go with it. Compared to last year our pitching is almost as good but our hitting is way down. With that, our pitching will have to be a lot better since we are not scoring what we scored last year. But last year was the freak year in all of college baseball.

Reactions: spyfish007
Do you have to have a winning record to get into regionals?

NCBWA now added.

Saw a tweet last night that said if the season ended now; the consensus #1 LSU Tigers would be the #6 seed in Hoover. I checked and that is accurate

1- Vanderbilt 11-1
2- Arkansas 7-4
3- South Carolina 9-2
4- Kentucky 9-3
5- Florida 9-3
6- LSU 7-4
7- Tennessee 5-7
8- Texas A&M 5-7
9- Alabama 4-8
10- Missouri 4-8
11- Auburn 4-8
12- Mississippi State 3-9
13- Georgia 3-9
14- Mississippi 2-10

5-7 is not a sky-is-falling record and is the product of not getting swept by LSU and Florida despite terrible game 1 and 2 performances
Georgia is in the midst of one of their patented 8-year swoons. ZERO excuse for that school to be mediocre or worse in baseball.
I think Tennessee goes to Hoover because I'm not convinced UGA and Ole Miss get over 10 wins wihout signficant improvement.
I don't believe the bottom 6 is as good as they've been in past season but the top-8 is likely stronger than ever.
That's crazy to think. If they finish in 6th place but win the West, they would still have be seeded at less a 4 because of the automatic bye.

Looking at NCAA stats.
Team ERA 2nd
Team WHIP 2nd
Team HRs hit 10th
Team Shutouts tied for 1st
Team Strikeout to Walk Ratio 3rd
Team Strikeouts pitched 3rd
Team Walks allowed per nine 3rd

So we are still very much in the thick of it pitching wise but just lack the hitting to go with it. Compared to last year our pitching is almost as good but our hitting is way down. With that, our pitching will have to be a lot better since we are not scoring what we scored last year. But last year was the freak year in all of college baseball.

If you breakout the bullpen, I'd bet their stats are betterr than last year.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
NCBWA now added.

1- Vanderbilt 11-1
2- Arkansas 7-4
3- South Carolina 9-2
4- Kentucky 9-3
5- Florida 9-3
6- LSU 7-4
7- Tennessee 5-7
8- Texas A&M 5-7
9- Alabama 4-8
10- Missouri 4-8
11- Auburn 4-8
12- Mississippi State 3-9
13- Georgia 3-9
14- Mississippi 2-10

I think Tennessee goes to Hoover because I'm not convinced UGA and Ole Miss get over 10 wins wihout signficant improvement.

Why is Arkansas 2nd?

Reactions: feathersax and txbo
Why is Arkansas 2nd?
Better record percentage wise in the west and the division winners are automatically slotted at 1/2

Losing games normally hurt both teams at end of season but I'm betting LSU was happy. Especially with LSU's third starter issues.
It likely allowed LSU to keep their #1 rankings

VN Store

Back