Rankings 5/15/2023 - The roller coast of emotions continues

Writer's poll is up.

Tennessee did not move and remains at 19. Very strange for baseball.

However, I looked and only one team leapfrogged Tennessee and that was Clemons who jumped from 21 to 13. And Clemson is THE darling right now.
Never mind their run was entirely within the ACC who kinda sucks right now.
Their two quality series wins are at BC in late April and middling Notre Dame in mid - April
The swept a Louisville team that has lost 15 of last 19

Writer's poll is up.

However, I looked and only one team leapfrogged Tennessee and that was Clemons who jumped from 21 to 13. And Clemson is THE darling right now.
Their two quality series wins are at BC in late April and middling Notre Dame in mid - April
Yep bc of 6 acc series wins and they're beating crap teams. VT stinks and can't pitch.

Writer's poll is up.

It's a popularity contest with Writers most probably don't even watch college baseball

I live ten mins from Blacksburg VA. All I hear about is how good ACC is at everything. And it isn't.
Tennessee has the greatest entrance with players running on the field through the Power T, but Virginia Tech with their entrance is pretty cool with the Metallica song

That was the year we had to sweep to get in and did, right?
Yes, and I believe in the 3rd game some crazy play happened. I think AJ Simcox hit a ball to first and if he would’ve gotten out, the game may have been over or close to it. If I recall, the first baseman on the slow roller froze when AJ stopped running and somehow, I forgot, AJ missed his tag or something and AJ ended up on first. Went on the score a run or 2 to complete the sweep.

Yes, and I believe in the 3rd game some crazy play happened. I think AJ Simcox hit a ball to first and if he would’ve gotten out, the game may have been over or close to it. If I recall, the first baseman on the slow roller froze when AJ stopped running and somehow, I forgot, AJ missed his tag or something and AJ ended up on first. Went on the score a run or 2 to complete the sweep.
Here’s the box score from that game, Tennessee was 10-18 in conference play at the time:

Mississippi State vs Tennessee (May 15, 2015)

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back