Rankings 5/8/2023 (I don't want to do it)

I think LSU HAS to fall out of #1 finally.
They have some GLARING weaknesses in their staff.
How bad would their rotation be if they didn't hit in the transfer portal

Wake Forest went 2-1 against visiting BC. A much better result than LSU 2-2 against SELA, and 1-2 @ Auburn
South Carolina had their second bad week in a row
Florida came back to beat FSU but laid egg in College Station
Vanderbilt's offense disappeared again in Tuscaloosa- not something I would have bet on.
Arkansas was only ranked SEC team to win their series against the last place MSU
Stanford went undefeated
CCU went 2-2 and got shelled in 2 games by Appy State
Uconn went 3-0 against a hallway
Duke played on 1 game
Miami swept Presbyterian - This seemed predestined
WVU is cruising
Campbell is REALLY cruising'
ECU last midweek to UNC but cruised in Cincy
Oregon State had a good week.
DBU lost home game to OU and 1 game to visiting MTSU in a series lacking pitching
Oregon had a bad week
AZ State was crushed 0-3 by visiting Stanford
UVA had a an ACC off week

I was having trouble believing that 3-4 SEC teams would be national seeds. This may be playing out. before our eyes
South Carolina is going to Fayetteville this week and our legitimately staring at 1-8 in nine SEC games. Their RPI does not match their performance. This late season 2 weekend road trip is timed with their worst play of season.

Auburn has now beat first place South Carolina and first place LSU in back-to-back weekends. They close @ Ole Miss and against Missouri. They should finish well above .500 in SEC and could likely nab a host spot.

Dropped 5 spots to #23 in D1
Dropped out of BA

South Carolina is still in top-10 but I really think it's because EVERY team around them lost as well.
Wake Forest has won 8 straight ACC series and is honestly a more balanced team than than LSU and Arkansas.
Still not buying Stanford

There is going to be a lot of national seeds NOT making Omaha in 2023.

Indiana State is not in either poll
the lost one game in April (2-1 at Evansville) and undefeated in May.
Sure it's not a strong schedule recently but they do have a strong schedule overall with wins at Vanderbilt. RPI is #10
I believe if Arkansas takes down South Carolina that the Gamecocks will tumble out of top-10 and will be angry and desperate in our series.
East Carolina suddenly has RPI problems as their closing schedule is soft except for a midweek game vs. Campbell. they are at #22 now and may not get a host spot without some changes above. Campbell may be in same boat. That one game in Greenville will be HUGE!

I think LSU HAS to fall out of #1 finally.
They have some GLARING weaknesses in their staff.
How bad would their rotation be if they didn't hit in the transfer portal

Wake Forest went 2-1 against visiting BC. A much better result than LSU 2-2 against SELA, and 1-2 @ Auburn
South Carolina had their second bad week in a row
Florida came back to beat FSU but laid egg in College Station
Vanderbilt's offense disappeared again in Tuscaloosa- not something I would have bet on.
Arkansas was only ranked SEC team to win their series against the last place MSU
Stanford went undefeated
CCU went 2-2 and got shelled in 2 games by Appy State
Uconn went 3-0 against a hallway
Duke played on 1 game
Miami swept Presbyterian - This seemed predestined
WVU is cruising
Campbell is REALLY cruising'
ECU last midweek to UNC but cruised in Cincy
Oregon State had a good week.
DBU lost home game to OU and 1 game to visiting MTSU in a series lacking pitching
Oregon had a bad week
AZ State was crushed 0-3 by visiting Stanford
UVA had a an ACC off week

I was having trouble believing that 3-4 SEC teams would be national seeds. This may be playing out. before our eyes
South Carolina is going to Fayetteville this week and our legitimately staring at 1-8 in nine SEC games. Their RPI does not match their performance. This late season 2 weekend road trip is timed with their worst play of season.

Auburn has now beat first place South Carolina and first place LSU in back-to-back weekends. They close @ Ole Miss and against Missouri. They should finish well above .500 in SEC and could likely nab a host spot.

Kudos for working in a Calvinist reference.

Perfect Game entered
Tennessee is WAY too high but I like the rest of their poll. They've been the best poll all season- Save for Tennessee.
Maybe Clemson is too high a touch but they've played better than Ut lately.

Seriously, what is the love for Coastal by anyone? They have lost to VCU, NC State, Creightton, COfC, Illinois, JMU, Texas State, Clemson, GSU, Campbell, ODU, Southern MIss, wake, Louisiana, UNCC, Appy. No big losses except to Wake. And they have no big wins. I don't get it. 30-16 and 7-7 in conference and can't win conference championship. How would they get in as an at-large bid? They will finish 3rd in their conference, which btw is not SEC or ACC. Sun Belt.

The upside down world of Collegiate Baseball is now up. Not sure why anyone would care.

The "Oral Roberts", "Kansas State". and "Kent State" beachballs have seemingly been picked by the manatees this week.

C7KivWkX4AECXjN.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: chuckiepoo
Seriously, what is the love for Coastal by anyone? They have lost to VCU, NC State, Creightton, COfC, Illinois, JMU, Texas State, Clemson, GSU, Campbell, ODU, Southern MIss, wake, Louisiana, UNCC, Appy. No big losses except to Wake. And they have no big wins. I don't get it. 30-16 and 7-7 in conference and can't win conference championship. How would they get in as an at-large bid? They will finish 3rd in their conference, which btw is not SEC or ACC. Sun Belt.

I think you had typo as they are 17-7 in conference and tied for 1st in Sun Belt with SoMiss but first in their division. They bear SoMiss head-to-head though.
I think they've won every series.
Not sure where than ugly loss on Friday came from though but they did win the series anyway.

1-1 against Wake
2-1 against Campbell
Beat UNC
2-1 against Ga Southern
2-1 @ Louisiana

I think their resume deserves a #12 RPI

Correct on record. Texas State lost to Troy last weekend and fell. I reckon they are the mid-major choice of the year. There is one every year.

Correct on record. Texas State lost to Troy last weekend and fell. I reckon they are the mid-major choice of the year. There is one every year.
They are better than the "Yankee Darling of the Year" schools.
Maryland, Notre Dame, Indiana, etc

Plus, Coastal has won just as many national titles in the last 67 years as the entire ACC has.

If you want some real fun, just mention "the sovereighty of God" to a Lutheran Pastor. I promise you an immediate lecture on Justification and the nonexistence of double predestination. LOL

for a while my most popular internet password was "Dispensational Premillenialist Death Metal"

Last edited:
Reactions: txbo
All rankings now entered.
Vols ranked in all but one ranking (Baseball America)
Wake Forest is consensus in the human rankings but not RPI
The Vols were consensus across the board for most of last season including RPI.

Maybe this will take the pressure from those poor underdogs in Baton Rouge

South Carolina should have fallen more but can't as everyone around them lost as well.

Austin Peay's low RPI will be more than cancelled out by Kentucky.
The wildcat's are #1 RPI more because of fluky Indiana (#34) , 3 games vs. Indiana State (#9) and Xavier (#46) than their recent strugles with LSU, Vanderbilt and Georgia.

They have beat Wake Forest, taken two from a good Southern Miss team, beat a really good Campbell team twice, and UNC in Chapel Hill. Yes, ranked a little too high, but there are a good team

Vols at #26 in Warren Nolan again.
They momentarily went up to #27 earlier in week and settled back to 26.
Bouncing back and forth with Oregon.

Tennessee out-of-conference RPI is a boat anchor right now.
That RPI is hurt badly by some schools not being as good as expected or normal.

Arizona #64. Wildcats got to #14 and received votes in coaches poll before tanking
Grand Canyon #81. They got as high as 27
Lipscomb #104 There were as high as 46
UC San Diego #113
and even Morehead at 145 is lower than normal.
Charleston Southern started strong but have settled back to 163 after getting has high as 30. Bucs have lost 5 of last 7to some bad teams.
Tennessee Tech is normally better than #252 but are meeting projections.

I believe the only OOC doing better than projected is #8 Boston College

the remaining three teams on schedule and their RPI

#1 Kentucky x 3
# 231 Belmont x 1
#4 South Carolina x 3

Last edited:

VN Store

Back