Realistic expectations for Nico this season.

70%
3,500 yards
30 TDs, 2 INTs
800 rushing yards, 10 rushing TDs

In New York in December. Dunno if he'll win, but he'll be in that room.

And given who he is, who his coach is, and what the talent around him looks like, I believe this is an entirely reasonable expectation.

Go Vols!
Dang, JP, bullish would be an understatement! Hope you’re right.

As I’m sure you’re aware, in 2022, Hooker lost at least 700 to 1000 yards passing and probably 7 to 8 TD’s because he was taken out of quite a few games in the second half that year.
Respectfully disagree because he would've been handing off anyways during those halves.

Reactions: volfan102455
With his level of talent, there's no way ANY Vol fan can accurately gauge expectations for Nico this season. However my wish is all Vol fans have their expectations far exceeded.

So what is everyone’s realistic expectations for Nico this year stats wise? Here is what I think:

65%, 3150 pass yards, 25 TDs with 9 INts.

400-500 rush yards with another 7 TDs.
9 interceptions would be almost as many as Joe and Hooker threw in the last 3 seasons combined (10). I don't see that happening. If it does, this season is going to be an absolute waste of Dline talent and coaching.

9 interceptions would be almost as many as Joe and Hooker threw in the last 3 seasons combined (10). I don't see that happening. If it does, this season is going to be an absolute waste of Dline talent and coaching.
He’ll likely throw more than Hendon or Joe did simply because he’s less experienced (and I imagine less conservative than Joe). I doubt it will be as many as 9 though.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I don't see how 9 interceptions have anything to do with DLine talent.

So what is everyone’s realistic expectations for Nico this year stats wise? Here is what I think:

65%, 3150 pass yards, 25 TDs with 9 INts.

400-500 rush yards with another 7 TDs.

70%, 3500 pass yards 200 rush yards with 45 TD passes and 5 rushing TD's and 7 INT.

No one in JH's offense throws a lot of interceptions. It just doesn't happen. So, from the very little I have seen from Nico so far, he makes quick decisions like Hendon (a good thing......except), What I have seen from Nico so far is that he will take too many sacks. I think the later is Freshmen stuff. I tend to listen to the guys that know more than me on this that say he is special. We shall see.

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
His rushing stats will be interesting to watch. The staff wants to protect him so do they limit the times he keeps it on a read option and tell him to throw it away or get down early instead of really trying to rush for yardage. We know he can run but how often will he.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Nico has the supporting staff in receivers and coaching to surpass our wildest dreams! We haven’t seen anything like what is about to happen in our lifetime! We’re all going to enjoy this ride!

I'm a little nervous about the very lofty expectations put on him. The first game he loses everyone will be trying to say he's a bust.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
70%
3,500 yards
30 TDs, 2 INTs
800 rushing yards, 10 rushing TDs

In New York in December. Dunno if he'll win, but he'll be in that room.

And given who he is, who his coach is, and what the talent around him looks like, I believe this is an entirely reasonable expectation.

Go Vols!
You certainly aren’t expecting much 😂😂😂😂

I'm a little nervous about the very lofty expectations put on him. The first game he loses everyone will be trying to say he's a bust.
I feel the same way. It’s one of the reasons I made this thread. I think some are just expecting way too much from him. I know how highly ranked he was coming out of HS. But I think we should just temper our expectations a bit.

I feel the same way. It’s one of the reasons I made this thread. I think some are just expecting way too much from him. I know how highly ranked he was coming out of HS. But I think we should just temper our expectations a bit.
Agreed. I think people really expect him to be elite his very first year starting. I'll be delightfully surprised if he's as good as Hooker, just don't have enough proof to say he will.

VN Store

Back