Recall Petition Filed Against Democrat New Orleans Mayor LaToya Cantrell

Franklin Pierce

LaToya-Cantrell-mayor-of-New-Orleans-640x480.jpg

A recall petition has been filed against Democrat New Orleans Mayor LaToya Cantrell as she faces various scandals and a soaring crime rate.

The petition was filed by Eileen Carter and Beldon “Noonie Man” Batiste on Friday in Baton Rouge and was confirmed by the Louisiana Secretary of State’s office.

Batiste is a local activist who also ran against Cantrell in the 2021 mayoral election, while Carter used to work as a social media manager for the City of New Orleans, Fox 8 reported.
https://media.breitbart.com/media/2...Back-In-2022-After-Pandemic-Cancellations.jpg
The Democrat mayor is currently under scrutiny for numerous scandals and blunders while the city’s crime rate soars, according to Nola.com.

Among those blunders, Cantrell, on August 18, showed up unannounced to the sentencing of a juvenile convicted of armed robbery to show support for the offender’s family. The mother of the victim was offended by the mayor seemingly showing favoritism in the proceedings, saying, “The mayor and judge gave us and my daughter the proverbial slap in the face.”

Cantrell is also facing a travel scandal for using taxpayer money to spend approximately $45,000 on a four-day trip to France, WDSU reported. She defended the costly trip, saying, “I have a responsibility to grow our economy and culture.”

A study released in July found that New Orleans’s murder rate is among the worst of the nation’s 50 largest cities, with 14.8 murders per 100,000 people. The methodology in the study used homicide data from the second quarter of 2022 and from over the past two years.
https://media.breitbart.com/media/2019/09/GettyImages-465672119.png
Recall Petition Filed Against Democrat New Orleans Mayor LaToya Cantrell

Even if they get the signatures the effort will fail. The 13% has assumed control of the once great city and set about to turn it into their cesspool playground. Like other blue crap holes the gubmint will have to step in and take care of the city once whitey and their $ are gone.

As expected the leftist POS throws the race card.

The recall effort to undermine and discredit the first Black woman Mayor of New Orleans is quickly being exposed as a Republican-backed maneuver by people with an agenda," said a campaign spokesperson for Mayor LaToya Cantrell. "It fits into a long history of taking away our vote and our voice. That’s why we have reason to believe a conservative DC firm has signed on to lead the effort. That’s why many GOP organizations in the city is encouraging people to sign the petition. That’s why Fox News is leading the propaganda charge."

Mayor Cantrell's Campaign Office responds to recall efforts

Even if they get the signatures the effort will fail. The 13% has assumed control of the once great city and set about to turn it into their cesspool playground. Like other blue crap holes the gubmint will have to step in and take care of the city once whitey and their $ are gone.

They'll just replace her with someone else the same. She defended some carjacking kids in court.

New Orleans mayor Won’t Pay City Back $30K for Flights — insisting Upgrades needed for ‘health and safety’

latoya-cantrell-02-1.jpg

The Democrat mayor of New Orleans is refusing to reimburse the almost $30,000 of taxpayer money she has spent upgrading flights to first class or business class, despite city policy — after she insisted it was for her safety as a black woman.

Mayor LaToya Cantrell told local reporters Thursday she won’t fork over the exorbitant fees she charged for the upgraded tickets, including an $18,000 first-class trip to France over the summer.

Since January 2021, Cantrell has charged the city of New Orleans $29,000 to travel first- or business-class instead of coach, The Times-Picayune/The New Orleans Advocate reported.

NOLA Mayor LaToya Cantrell defends expensive flight costs

New Orleans mayor Won’t Pay City Back $30K for Flights — insisting Upgrades needed for ‘health and safety’

latoya-cantrell-02-1.jpg

The Democrat mayor of New Orleans is refusing to reimburse the almost $30,000 of taxpayer money she has spent upgrading flights to first class or business class, despite city policy — after she insisted it was for her safety as a black woman.

Mayor LaToya Cantrell told local reporters Thursday she won’t fork over the exorbitant fees she charged for the upgraded tickets, including an $18,000 first-class trip to France over the summer.

Since January 2021, Cantrell has charged the city of New Orleans $29,000 to travel first- or business-class instead of coach, The Times-Picayune/The New Orleans Advocate reported.

NOLA Mayor LaToya Cantrell defends expensive flight costs
She needed to upgrade to 1st class for her safety as a mother ya see -

As the mother of a young child whom I live for, I am going to protect myself by any reasonable means in order to ensure I am there to see her grow into the strong woman I am raising her to be,” she continued.

Just part of being a black woman. You wouldn’t understand-

“Anyone who wants to question how I protect myself just doesn’t understand the world Black women walk in.”

She needed to upgrade to 1st class for her safety as a mother ya see -

Just part of being a black woman. You wouldn’t understand-

Because the other black moms on those flights are just stronger and are able to fight off the roaming bands of heathens in coach class ? The sh!t these politicians come up with and feed to their constituents never ceases to amaze me . Lol

Last edited:
Because the other black moms on those flights are just stronger and are able to fight off the roaming bands of heathers in coach class ? The sh!t these politicians come up with and feed to their constituents never ceases to amaze me . Lol
Covid precautions probably.

The air is cleaner up there in first class on those long trans atlantic flights.

Because the other black moms on those flights are just stronger and are able to fight off the roaming bands of heathers in coach class ? The sh!t these politicians come up with and feed to their constituents never ceases to amaze me . Lol
Apparently they believe them because they keep voting for them.

Yeah that does scream “ let them eat cake “ at all . Lol
I remember flying from Knoxville to Washington DC once and as I got on the plane there was my congressman, John Duncan Jr sitting in first class. I just stared at him as I shuffled my way back to steerage.

Reactions: sonofUT62
I remember flying from Knoxville to Washington DC once and as I got on the plane there was my congressman, John Duncan Jr sitting in first class. I just stared at him as I shuffled my way back to steerage.

I had to walk around to a side entrance at Urgent Care at about 930 at night, carrying my flu stricken 2 year ol, because a Tennessee state representative had his car (with his personal vanity plate) parked so illegally close to the front door.

New Orleans Mayor LaToya Cantrell under fire for first class travel she says is for her safety as a Black woman and from Covid

220916142225-latoya-cantrell-july-2022.jpg

New Orleans Mayor LaToya Cantrell says she will not pay back the city for her first-class travel despite policies put in place by the city requiring employees pay the difference for upgraded fare, because of her safety concerns as a Black woman and due to the Covid-19 epidemic.

The mayor has come under fire in recent weeks for the high cost of her first-class air travel, which city officials estimate to be nearly $30,000 more than the policy allows employees to spend. Cantrell has repeatedly said expenses incurred are on behalf of the city.

The mayor had been criticized for failing to explain why her travel accommodations are about her safety as a Black woman. She has declined all requests for comment to CNN through her communications office.

New Orleans Mayor LaToya Cantrell under fire for first class travel she says is for her safety as a Black woman - CNN

New Orleans Overtakes St. Louis to Become the MURDER CAPITAL of America: Homicide rate up 141% from 2019 and Carjackings rise 210% - as city's police staffing drops to lowest level in modern history

New Orleans overtook St. Louis as the US murder capital in the first half of this year, as the city struggles with its lowest police staffing level in modern history amid a crisis of officer morale.

In the first six months of 2022, New Orleans recorded 41 murders per 100,000 population, a higher homicide rate than any other US city, according to a Wall Street Journal analysis of data from the Major Cities Chiefs Association.

By comparison, the first-half murder rate per 100,000 was 11.5 in Chicago, 4.8 in Los Angeles and 2.4 in New York City.

In New Orleans, the homicide rate has soared 141 percent compared with 2019, while shootings are up 100 percent, carjackings up 210 percent and armed robberies up 25 percent, according to the city's Metropolitan Crime Commission.

62495393-11220737-image-a-66_1663361989841.jpg

New Orleans Mayor LaToya Cantrell arrives by horseback for the Krewe of Zulu roll in March. The city now has the highest murder rate in the US, according to a new analysis

62495965-11220737-image-a-78_1663363593874.jpg

New Orleans overtakes St. Louis to become the murder capital of America | Daily Mail Online

New Orleans Overtakes St. Louis to Become the MURDER CAPITAL of America: Homicide rate up 141% from 2019 and Carjackings rise 210% - as city's police staffing drops to lowest level in modern history

New Orleans overtook St. Louis as the US murder capital in the first half of this year, as the city struggles with its lowest police staffing level in modern history amid a crisis of officer morale.

In the first six months of 2022, New Orleans recorded 41 murders per 100,000 population, a higher homicide rate than any other US city, according to a Wall Street Journal analysis of data from the Major Cities Chiefs Association.

By comparison, the first-half murder rate per 100,000 was 11.5 in Chicago, 4.8 in Los Angeles and 2.4 in New York City.

In New Orleans, the homicide rate has soared 141 percent compared with 2019, while shootings are up 100 percent, carjackings up 210 percent and armed robberies up 25 percent, according to the city's Metropolitan Crime Commission.

New Orleans Mayor LaToya Cantrell arrives by horseback for the Krewe of Zulu roll in March. The city now has the highest murder rate in the US, according to a new analysis

New Orleans overtakes St. Louis to become the murder capital of America | Daily Mail Online

Ruinous elected officials.

They want it that way. Drives Whitey out. Run the city into the ground. Bailed out by the Feds and State. Jackson MS is classic example.

Liberal democrat utopia

VN Store

Back