Recent MLB Draft projections for Senzel?

Interesting article on Senzel's recruitment. Sounds like he was having second thoughts about Georgia even before Perno was fired.

Cutting Room Floor: Nick Senzel - Vols Beat

“I’ll never forget looking across to them at the leather chairs in my office and saying (to Senzel’s father) ‘Jeff, if you trust me at all, this will be the best investment you’ve ever made in your life,’ ” Serrano said.

That certainly played out.

Isn't it amazing the difference in pick #2 & pick #7? It's crazy! That's a lot of money just for a 5 pick difference.

Yep. #7 is $3,756,300. MLB.com seems convinced that he would be the pick at 3,4 or 5 if not chosen 2.

Those are slot values for the pick. A bunch of predraft negotiating going on leading up to the draft. Either way, a nice savings account for your first job. His hard work has paid off.

Those are slot values for the pick. A bunch of predraft negotiating going on leading up to the draft. Either way, a nice savings account for your first job. His hard work has paid off.

Yes it's very beneficial for sometimes both parties to make an agreement say for the kid to take 4th slot money in the 3rd pick or before. I would be shocked if NS does that though with satan representing him in negotiations

I posted this in another thread, but Serrano said yesterday that he'll be shocked if Senzel isn't taken second or third.

Reactions: 1 person
I've seen him rated the number 2 prospect, and falling no lower than 6th in any mock draft I've seen.

I saw that Vincent Jackson made one of Baseball America's top 100 list. I think he has a chance to get draft in rounds 7-10. He will probably be one of those "senior signees" that dont get much of signing bonsus, but be a top 10 round guy carries some clout in the organizations. Kyle Serrano made the top 500, but no one seems to know what will happen for him in the draft. I think Jordan Rogers could go in the top 20 rounds. I know he cooled off soom late in the season, but he is a talented athlete. I sure hope Andy Cox gets an opportunity. If has some time to rest up and get healthy I would think he could be a great middle relief or spot starter. I just think he just got worn out.

I saw that Vincent Jackson made one of Baseball America's top 100 list. I think he has a chance to get draft in rounds 7-10. He will probably be one of those "senior signees" that dont get much of signing bonsus, but be a top 10 round guy carries some clout in the organizations. Kyle Serrano made the top 500, but no one seems to know what will happen for him in the draft. I think Jordan Rogers could go in the top 20 rounds. I know he cooled off soom late in the season, but he is a talented athlete. I sure hope Andy Cox gets an opportunity. If has some time to rest up and get healthy I would think he could be a great middle relief or spot starter. I just think he just got worn out.

Jackson will actually go higher than rounds 7-10. He will go in rounds 3-5 in my opinion.

Serrano is probably going to come back to UT. There might be a team that drafts him but not high enough to take the money & run.

Why not come back & hopefully show what you're very capable of doing on the mound? This way after his senior season, he should be a 1st round pick. No later than a 2nd round pick for sure. That's as long as he remains healthy.

Jordan Rogers too will be drafted higher than just in the top 20 rounds. He will probably go in rounds 7-10 instead of Jackson who you said would fall somewhere in there. Rogers is a decent hitter & solid defensive INF. He can play multiple INF positions too just like Senzel could if needed.

If Andy Cox gets drafted I would have to think it would be in the really late rounds. Rounds 30-40 most likely if he does get picked at all.

Vincent Jackson is a senior with no leverage. If he had a junior year like his senior year, I could see him going higher in the draft. I certainly think he has a solid upside, but he will have to take a significant below slot signing bonus. I hope I am wrong. Again, I could see him in the 6-10 round senior sign range. That would be solid. The question will be power. If a team sees a chance for increased power from him, then he might go higher. Great guy and good athlete. A team will be getting a guy with great character and work ethic.

I still Jordon Rogers in the 11-20 rounds. If you look since the signing pool era, the solid juniors (outside the top 6 rounds) go in the 11-20 rounds when teams can give $100,000signing bonus that does not count against their top 10 round pool and therefore no "tax". Many of the picks in round 6-10 are college seniors, many very solid players, that dont have any leverage and sign well below slot value. It is often misleading, that someone is a 9th round pick, but probably normally would have been a much lower pick, but he was willling to accept much less money. I agree that Jordon Rogers should be rated higher, but I think he is in that $100,000 signing bonus range and therefore probably go later. If he is willing to sign for below slot in the top 10 rounds that might change. Same for Andy Cox. If you look at the success of Drake Owenby, Andrew Lee and even Zac Godley, someone might be getting qa bargain with a healthy Andy Cox. I know that he gave up significant money to some back for senior year. Good luck to all of them.

VN Store

Back