Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kirby is a fraud...just like Saban. He beats people with neverending waves of bigger-longer-faster-stronger players.

And just like Saban...if you make him play on equal terms...he ain't šŸ’©.
There is at least a little irony about complaining about coaches relying too much on quality players inā€¦ the recruiting forum.

Heā€™s 94-16 in 8 seasons. A third of those losses were in his first season. Has 2 championships, probably should have won a third this year, and is the front runner to win again next year.

As much as it pains me, heā€™s the most successful coach in CFB and is primed to inherit Sabanā€™s crown.

Smart has been and will continue to be a problem. Early on, after he was hired, some Tennessee scouts were quoted as saying, ā€œKirby is down there building the Death Starā€ which was dismissed by many here. Then we saw him about 3 peat championships. As much as I like Heupel, we will need to kick it into a higher gear in recruiting if we want to compete with UGA on the field.

For anyone that needs it.

January 18, 2024: Troubling times create troubling circumstances. This is a time to trust Me in every situation, and know that I will direct your steps. Refuse to dump down in discouragement and fear, which can be contagious, so protect yourself from going down with the crisis of others, says the Lord. Walk in faith that I am with you. Isaiah 41:20 Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
very timely.

needed this attitude adjustment.

Kirby is a fraud...just like Saban. He beats people with neverending waves of bigger-longer-faster-stronger players.

And just like Saban...if you make him play on equal terms...he ain't šŸ’©.
Really, both are frauds? Isn't half the battle recruiting and signing better players than the opponents you face year after year? What are the equal terms you are referring to? Take away great players from any dominant program and yeah, the coaches are a pile of $hit.

Smart has been and will continue to be a problem. Early on, after he was hired, some Tennessee scouts were quoted as saying, ā€œKirby is down there building the Death Starā€ which was dismissed by many here. Then we saw him about 3 peat championships. As much as I like Heupel, we will need to kick it into a higher gear in recruiting if we want to compete with UGA on the field.
The playoff is no longer just 4 teamsā€¦parity is coming for everyone including Georgia

Elvis married a 14 year old Priscilla too.

But my grandpa was 18 and off to the not well known Panamanian war when he married my 14 year old grandma too. They were together until death.

Itā€™s obviously taboo today, but their relationships were happier and lasted longer than ours. Because of that, Iā€™ll just say it was a different time and not cast judgment.

Edit: to avoid confusion, it wasnā€™t the 89 invasion. It was the small force we sent to protect the Panama Canal when the Panamanians were rioting to take it back from us in the mid 1960ā€™s.
Elvis did not marry a 14 year old Priscilla. They met at 14 and married when she was 21.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Really, both are frauds? Isn't half the battle recruiting and signing better players than the opponents you face year after year? What are the equal terms you are referring to? Take away great players from any dominant program and yeah, the coaches are a pile of $hit.
You understand the point...and if you don't like it, anf you wanna bow down and kiss their ass...go for it..I don't give a šŸ’©...we got a load of Saban-Kirby worshippers in here.

I and a few others here have pointed out for 17 years that we do not operate under the same rules either on the field corrupt officiating, or off of it in recruiting.

The SEC-NCAA-ESPN decided to hitch their wagons to a few chosen ones...and those chosen ones reaped all the unjust-unfair rewards...like your awe at their awesome coaching process.

UGA and Bana have gotten away with murder...their reputation is built on lies.

You understand the point...and if you don't like it, anf you wanna bow down and kiss their ass...go for it..I don't give a šŸ’©...we got a load of Saban-Kirby worshippers in here.

I and a few others here have pointed out for 17 years that we do not operate under the same rules either on the field corrupt officiating, or off of it in recruiting.

The SEC-NCAA-ESPN decided to hitch their wagons to a few chosen ones...and those chosen ones reaped all the unjust-unfair rewards...like your awe at their awesome coaching process.

UGA and Bana have gotten away with murder...their reputation is built on lies.
No ass kissin here but just pointing out that any championship level coach isn't worth much without talented players.

Reactions: Adam2014
They are the biggest cry babies of all.
I can't remember if Barnes let any of our guys do it last year, but there are several teams in the conference that I have no doubt will do it, and are good enough to beat them.

What's even funnier they blew a 16 point lewd, nothing about his coaching, nothing about his teams execution, just crying about a hand signal. Weak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back