Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is every sportscaster- they want to keep their job so they rarely criticize umps or refs
That is an issue with sports. Umps/Refs are human but any criticism of them is met with horror. When they are treated like they are infallible, some of them may start to think they are.

That is an issue with sports. Umps/Refs are human but any criticism of them is met with horror. When they are treated like they are infallible, some of them may start to think they are.
And there is not much hope it gets any better. Few younger people are signing up for the fan abuse they get now. Friend of mine is a retired 35 year TSSAA ref and umpire. He teaches the younger ones now and says they get a handful each year and half of them give it up after a year.

I was hoping to see one game Drew pitched this year where he kept the ball down in the zone for a whole game.

Nope.

And there is not much hope it gets any better. Few younger people are signing up for the fan abuse they get now. Friend of mine is a retired 35 year TSSAA ref and umpire. He teaches the younger ones now and says they get a handful each year and half of them give it up after a year.
If they would own it and admit their mistakes, everyone would go a lot easier on them. People get vicious because the league and the officials act like they never make any mistakes. If they said "ya that was a mistake" every once in a while, almost everyone wouod be more gracious.

The protection that the media and the league gives them makes everyone feel like they have to pile on even more to compensate.

If they would own it and admit their mistakes, everyone would go a lot easier on them. People get vicious because the league and the officials act like they never make any mistakes. If they said "ya that was a mistake" every once in a while, almost everyone wouod be more gracious.

The protection that the media and the league gives them makes everyone feel like they have to pile on even more to compensate.
I am just talking about 20 year olds trying to get their feet wet in middle and high school games. The abuse they get at that level runs them off and you never get any better ones to replace all of the old guys we have now at the higher levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back