Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look Napier is a crappy coach but look at his first class at UF. The per recruit average (the only metric that counts) was 88.88 in 2022. Ours was 88.10.

in 2023 our average was 90.87 with 25 commits. Napiers was 91.41 with 22 commits.

In 2024, our average was 91.16 with 21 commits. UFs was 91.35 with 20 commits. Hopefully we get a better class than them this year. You may not like it but both Napier and Freeze can recruit.

I do think when we win 10 or 11 games this year recruiting is gonna improve.

While I think Tennessee should be ranked higher in team recruiting rankings, I think it's important to remember the fall out from Pruitt's recruiting violations. Please try to comprehend the specifics of these sanctions because I think a lot of us have forgotten what an uphill battle it's been on the recruiting trail.
- penalty of $8M, meant to represent the financial equivalent of missing two postseasons.
-A legislated fine of $5,000 plus 3% of the entire football budget
-Five years of probation.
-Reduction of 28 football scholarships throughout the probationary period, with a minimum of two scholarships per year.
-Reduction of 36 football official visits during the probationary period, including at least four visits per year. Tennessee will prohibit official visits for a total of 10 regular-season home games, four of which must involve SEC opponents.
-Reduction of 40 weeks for football unofficial visits during the probationary period, with a minimum of six weeks per year. Tennessee will prohibit unofficial visits for 10 regular-season home games, including four against SEC opponents.
-A 28-week ban on recruiting communications during the probationary period, including at least three weeks per year. This includes one week each in December and January, and one week between March and June.
-reduction of 120 evaluation days throughout the probationary period.

Out of curiosity, what did Stark think he’d accomplish by bunting it on the 2-0 count when there were two outs? It was the pitch before the fly out he went for it

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back