Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s more surprising, Nebraska not being able to score a point against Colorado’s defense or Colorado not being able to score a point against Nebraska’s defense?

How long is Nebraska going to keep this guy on the field? It’s bad enough that he fumbles, but he doubles down by half-azzing jumping on the ball.

As much as I want it to happen, I don’t think Texas wins. I think it will be close, but I don’t have a lot of trust in Texas or Sark and it’s at Bama.

Josh Pate was gushing on A&M in his reactions episode on Sunday. I didn’t get to watch any of that game so idk. Im still not a huge believer yet.

No clue about Oregon and Texas Tech.

Personally, I want A&M to be undefeated until they get to Neyland. Then have them head back to Texas with a loss (very lopsided score would be a nice bonus).
Then win the West allowing them a rematch against Tennessee in the SECCG.
Again they head home with another loss to Tennessee. Somehow they make it into the playoffs over 2 loss uga and 3 loss bama. (uga unexpectedly loses to the mediocre gators and are absolutely rolled by Tennessee, thus keeping them out of the playoffs) (bama loses to Tennessee, A&M, and auburn, but absolutely destroys lsu and ole miss).
Tennessee whoops the bejeezus out of ohio state (worse than uga-tcu type beating) while A&M does the same to texas (longhorns now want to stay in the big whatever).
The National Championship Game is a third game between Tennessee and A&M. (Has this ever happened in college football before?). Everyone is picking A&M because there’s no way that Tennessee can win the third time around, right? Well the first quarter is tight Vols 14-10 Aggies
1/2 time score is Vols 35-16 Aggies. Still hope for the Aggies even though they have only had field goals since their opening drive touchdown to start the game.
3rd quarter starts with a two play drive for a touchdown by Tennessee. 35 yard pass to Squirrel. Then Wright rips off a 40 yard run to score. Still 14:30 left in the 3rd quarter. A&M throws a pick 6 at their 25, Pearce hits the qb and Roman Harrison runs it to the end zone.
3 and out for the Aggies and Dee Williams returns a booming 60 yard punt back for a TD. Tennessee has scored 21 points with only two offensive plays and there’s still 9 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. Another 3 and out for the Aggies who wisely punt it out of bounds. Good strategy for the punt return elimination, but now the offense only has 60 yards to score. An exhaustingly long slow scoring drive of 5 plays (🤠) 4 straight rushing attempts yields 15 yards. Then a 45 yard flick of the wrist hits Thornton alone in the end zone. The Vols now have a commanding lead of 63-16. The 3rd quarter isn’t over and all the Vols starters are out of the game. The Aggies score 2 touchdowns against the 2nd and 3rd team defense. But the 2nd, 3rd and 4th string QBs lead the Vols to 4 more scores. Navy Shuler scores on a 31 yard keeper for the final score. Tennessee is flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct when Heath rushes the field and tackles Navy in the end zone (Checkerboard end of course)
Highest scoring game in the history of football championships.
Final result Vols 91-Aggies 30.

Thus began the domination of CFB by the Tennessee Volunteers!

15-0 🤠

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back