Recruiting Football Talk VIII

Heupel may be the least stubborn offensive-minded coach in CFB. Dude will gladly take whatever the defense gives him and exploit it. That's what makes him such a good playcaller and schemer.

There are so many coaches who go away from stuff that works or who simply refuse to exploit defenses and utilize their talent properly because it goes against their scheme. If anything, Heupel sometimes sticks with stuff that's working slightly too long, but that's a great problem to have because so many coaches maddeningly stop using effective plays thinking they're outsmarting the opposing DC. When in reality those DCs are breathing sighs of relief.
Poetry, brother.

I was there when Lawler piledrived Andy Kaufman .
I love Jimmy Valiant and Austin Idol…….
Lawler had a softball team that travel around doing charity events. I played against them one day they CRUSHED the ball👀
They also had the HOT bats😜
He was a fan favorite and did sign a bunch of autographs for the kids.

Heupel may be the least stubborn offensive-minded coach in CFB. Dude will gladly take whatever the defense gives him and exploit it. That's what makes him such a good playcaller and schemer.

There are so many coaches who go away from stuff that works or who simply refuse to exploit defenses and utilize their talent properly because it goes against their scheme. If anything, Heupel sometimes sticks with stuff that's working slightly too long, but that's a great problem to have because so many coaches maddeningly stop using effective plays thinking they're outsmarting the opposing DC. When in reality those DCs are breathing sighs of relief.
You mean you don't love it when a coach is destroying a defense with a certain player/formation on the 1st drive in the 1st qtr, only to never see either of them the rest of the game or season?

You mean you don't love it when a coach is destroying a defense with a certain player/formation on the 1st drive in the 1st qtr, only to never see either of them the rest of the game or season?
Gotta say it was awesome the way Kiffin beat Georgia to death with the crompdaddy bootleg. He just kept on all game and they never tried to stop it.

VN Store

Back