Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your point still stands but Kiffin was hired first in early December. State reacted later and hired Leach after the new year. Moorehead only got 2 years there. Which is wild.

Eh sorry I got that backwards but yeah, the point being that one wasn't gonna let the other outdo them. Thanks for correcting the info!

Reactions: seaofORANGE22
Thought this was interesting on Wikipedia.

According to ESPN, Mississippi State officials intended to fire Moorhead if he didn't defeat Ole Miss in the 2019 Egg Bowl.[11] However, the Bulldogs won that game 21-20 to become bowl-eligible, making Moorhead only the third Bulldog coach to win his first two Egg Bowls. At an emotional press conference the following day, Moorhead tried to knock down the rumors about his job security, saying, "This is my school, this is my team, this is my program," and that anyone who thought otherwise could "pound sand and kick rocks." He added, "You'll have to drag my Yankee ass out of here."[12][13][
Yea really surprised he was fired so soon. His first season wasn’t bad either, especially for MSU’s standards. Really thought he was gonna be a good hire, guess not

Reactions: seaofORANGE22
Man people dissing on Herman. Lol. Please stop watching football. He is fired because Texas has unrealistic expectations of National Championships every year. Herman is a homerun and has a 70% winning percentage. He would absolutely get us competing with the big boys every year. This place is crazy.

Also has a reputation of a toxic locker room culture here at Texas, and his players think he’s a joke. I’m in Austin and had an intern from one of his teams. He’s far from a home run, but admittedly an upgrade from the gump

Man people dissing on Herman. Lol. Please stop watching football. He is fired because Texas has unrealistic expectations of National Championships every year. Herman is a homerun and has a 70% winning percentage. He would absolutely get us competing with the big boys every year. This place is crazy.
pass

Reactions: VolNRaleighNC
Even VFLs like Peyton don't seem to give a damn. He's got money and a voice but stays silent on our suckitude. The people with the power to effect change are content to do nothing. Until or unless that changes, we're screwed.
He earned his money. Maybe he knows he doesn’t have the answers just because he has the mic. He has no title or administrative role OR obligation to stick his nose in this situation. That’s how you burn bridges and lose goodwill.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Point being, none of them are working together to make a positive change. Hell, any change. In spite of who he wants, Peyton could speak up and acknowledge the need for change, but he hasn't even done that. Everyone of consequence acts like everything is hunkey-dorey, A-OK. There are no prominent voices speaking for fixing this obvious mess.
Maybe he doesn’t agree. All in all influential background noise is still background noise. He calls for Pruitt to be fired and alienates his old HC and makes himself persona non grata in Pruitt’s locker room. So his visits are squelched and he’s categorized as a loudmouth meddler...defeats the whole purpose.

Last edited:
You’re exactly right but will he let his coaches coach and just be the AD? Will he stop making mind blowingly bad personnel decisions? Will he get out of his own way and develop his players? I hope so if he’s back but he’s not shown that ability yet heading into year 4.
FYP I think this is who you should be directing the comments to

Y’all all know how this plays out. Fulmer is too proud to admit horrible hire. Fulmer makes Pruitt fire Ansley and brings in Steele. Pruitt gets fired next season and Steele immediately gets the job.
Wash your mouth out with soap , go take a shower , and take a lap. Barf.

Reactions: VOLINVONORE
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back