Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I absolutely love this pic of Heup with Tyler Baron. The emotion, the embrace, Heupel's hand on his head...it says 1,000 words.

View attachment 502630
And just think we would’ve lost him if Verse at Florida State would’ve picked us. Sometimes you always had what you needed. Glad we have him.

Alabama absolutely **** the bed for most of the first half. Dumb decisions that Saban teams just don’t make. They were shook.

Bryce Young and Gibbs basically grabbed them by the balls and carried the rest of the Gumps on their backs to get them back into it. Those two guys are studs. Probably the two most talented players we face all seasons.

WTA anyways

Yep. It's why coaches are losing their minds playing against us. Napier risked getting absolutely blown out and got lucky. Kelly rolled the dice and lost and then thought better of it. I expect Kirby will panic a bit if we start torching them and try fake punts, fake FGs, onside kicks, etc. Anything to avoid giving the ball back to us.

It’s crazy to think it’s being done with other coaches leftovers for the most part. Get a few recruiting cycles and 4-5 stars in here and it gets ridiculous real quick.

That is no disrespect to this team either, it may be my favorite UT team ever. Every week they are forcing folks to eat more and more crow. It’s beautiful.

It’s crazy to think it’s being done with other coaches leftovers for the most part. Get a few recruiting cycles and 4-5 stars in here and it gets ridiculous real quick.

That is no disrespect to this team either, it may be my favorite UT team ever. Every week they are forcing folks to eat more and more crow. It’s beautiful.

I keep thinking it can't last and that maybe we are just witnessing one of those seasons where an offensive minded coach has his Heisman-caliber QB and everything comes together. But Heupel has a history of doing this. I think the Spurrier comparisons are spot on. No one has really befuddled opposing DCs in the SEC as consistently as him since Spurrier outside of Meyer's brief reign with Leak and Tebow. And Spurrier did it for over a decade in Gainesville and could have kept going for another decade.

I want this for Hendon Hooker, regardless how our season plays out, I want that for him and his family. Kid has given his all for Tennessee even when we were skeptical at the start of last year. Look how far he’s come since he’s come here and his time being at VA Tech. He’s proven himself, time and time again.

For everyone worried about Heup leaving for OU, just look at AP's reaction. He isnt going anywhere.

Tennessee fans need to move on from their BVS. Heupel isn’t going anywhere. We’re about to go to the playoffs in year 2 and on a decade plus run of greatness. Enjoy the ride and stop worrying about Heupel leaving! He’s going to be here a long time, folks.

Any other coach says what Saban is saying and it’s a massive fine. He is being very vocal about being mad at the officials. ....
This is exactly right. Yet another Bama double standard. And Saban is doing it to try to distract attention from the fact that Heup out-coached him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back