Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, every year we have stuggled with MAC teams, it has always been foreboding of a bad year. This is very enjoyable
Last time we opened on a Thursday night, it was not easy either. App St is a better team, but that Tennessee team was suppose to be better. You never know what to expect week one.

Would rather Pitt win. I want a higher ranked Pitt.
Why though? If Pitt wins, odds are they're better than if they lost to WVU, predictively speaking.

And it's pretty meaningless as folks....what...consider our bowl game? We aren't vying for the CFB Playoffs, so the rest is meaningless.

Them losing is a predictive measure. It could also have a psychological impact on the team. And even moreso on the fans. Their stadium is rocking rn. Going into our game 1-0 vs 0-1 could be a big difference on fan enthusiasm. The players could be down.

I'll take any advantage we can get. History remembers none of the rest and your W/L record doesn't gain extra wins for the aesthetics or perceived opponent strength ranked 17th or 23rd.

Why though? If Pitt wins, odds are they're better than if they lost to WVU, predictively speaking.

And it's pretty meaningless as folks....what...consider our bowl game? We aren't vying for the CFB Playoffs, so the rest is meaningless.

Them losing is a predictive measure. It could also have a psychological impact on the team. And even moreso on the fans. Their stadium is rocking rn. Going into our game 1-0 vs 0-1 could be a big difference on fan enthusiasm. The players could be down.

I'll take any advantage we can get. History remembers none of the rest and your W/L record doesn't gain extra wins for the aesthetics or perceived opponent strength ranked 17th or 23rd.
Weirdly enough, Pitt seems to lay eggs after wins but alternatively seem to play well after losses. Look at the week after beating us last year.

Reactions: jakez4ut
Tonight's game kind of went like I thought it would. A lot of rust at the beginning and then as the game wears on settle in and whoop some but. Very impressed with our backup RB's Wright and Sampson. Keyton had a really good game. Good to see Bru McCoy get some catches and for Merrill's TD. So Hyatt, Merrill, Holiday, and who else got a TD catch? Good to see so many different WR's get in the enzone. Defense like our O got off to a slow start but looked good as the game went on also. We need better pressure next week and someone to tight Burrell up so he can't be found next week . lol

Weirdly enough, Pitt seems to lay eggs after wins but alternatively seem to play well after losses. Look at the week after beating us last year.
I think thats normal. Starting a season with a lost puts you in a do or die situation. A close win is what I want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back