Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
I'm just here for Milton's heisman celebration
🍾 🤷‍♂️🤣
I'm kidding o course but it's ball state so let's not get ahead of ourselves.I did like his leadership and how the team seemed not to miss a beat when he came out.Do I think he can do it against an Sec defense??Why hell no ball state and Bama are 2 different animals.I saw some minor improvements so I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for now at least.

It isnt. What is surprising is that up by fitty, we play GM and NS, a walk on/transfer.

Again, full clarity I turned game off in mid third quarter - im going off highlights and stat sheet.
The coaches had four games to play him and retain his redshirt. Pretty sure this was in-game plus/minus analysis.

Is it just me or did Keyton look significantly bigger out there? I had admittedly written him off but he's suddenly looking like a big physically imposing WR.

That grab that he made on the crossing route over the middle was impressive. Pass was high in traffic and he not only caught it but absorbed a hit and got another 5 or so yards. If that was Keyton of last year or freshman year, he 100% drops it. I hope the lights are coming on for him that would be a nice boost.

Seeing negativity towards our DL. I'll counter that.

• Balls Tate's OL was no slouch and considered a strength of the team. Averages around 6'4", 310lbs+
  • They had a game plan to neutralize a pass rush. Quick passes, offsetting running attack, and occasional cut blocking
  • The first interception was a direct result of DL pressure
  • Loved seeing Josephs and Big O getting a hand (or forearm) on a pass. More of that please.
  • Vanilla defensive game plan. We played a bend, don't break approach. Look at 3rd down efficiency. Balls Tate was 5/14 on 3rd down and 0/2 on 4th down. Kept everything in front of us and it worked.
  • Starting D held them scoreless. How can you get much better than that?
I don't see how anyone can come up with negativity. Be neutral at worst.

Jalen Hyatt catches the first pass and scores, but is pretty much a ghost the rest of the game. Walker Merrill jukes the CB out of his shoes and is wide open for a TD. Wondering if Walker starts getting more chances. I'm not sold on Jalen in the slot just yet.
Merrill was working outside receiver yesterday.

Milton was 8 of 9 passing for 113 yds and 1 TD. The 1 incomplete pass an interference call that advanced our team, btw.
1 run for 21 yards [that you find a way to bish about]. Two TD drives total. Suck it.
I don't have the video or stat sheet, but I know he missed a wide open TE for a TD, and I don't remember there being an interference call on that one. Milton looked pretty good. If he can figure out a way to get some touch in place of velocity on some of his throws, he'll be a problem for a lot of teams.

Seeing negativity towards our DL. I'll counter that.

• Balls Tate's OL was no slouch and considered a strength of the team. Averages around 6'4", 310lbs+
  • They had a game plan to neutralize a pass rush. Quick passes, offsetting running attack, and occasional cut blocking
  • The first interception was a direct result of DL pressure
  • Loved seeing Josephs and Big O getting a hand (or forearm) on a pass. More of that please.
  • Vanilla defensive game plan. We played a bend, don't break approach. Look at 3rd down efficiency. Balls Tate was 5/14 on 3rd down and 0/2 on 4th down. Kept everything in front of us and it worked.
  • Starting D held them scoreless. How can you get much better than that?
I don't see how anyone can come up with negativity. Be neutral at worst.
Hoping the sophistication in upcoming games justifies the extract. We’ll know we’ve arrived when we don’t have to sneak up on legit opponents.

First I agree with Brillo, with the way Ball State was going g with quick passes there really wasn't time for a sack.

Last year Keyton would definitely have dropped that 3rd down pass over the middle. WR is gonna be a strength.

All in all I'm happy with the team. One thing I was disappointed in was you guys in the game thread responding to that obvious troll Nashvol1. He totally was trolling and several of you kept him going..

Milton was 8 of 9 passing for 113 yds and 1 TD. The 1 incomplete pass an interference call that advanced our team, btw.
1 run for 21 yards [that you find a way to bish about]. Two TD drives total. Suck it.

That’s not correct. His one incompletion was the pass that he couldn’t put the right amount of touch on to the TE by the goal line. The TE probably could have still caught it but Milton didn’t do him any favors. But yes, the overall point still stands. I thought he looked good and in control. More than happy with his performance.

LOL, I just don't like thinking about other dudes' plums.
plums-i-can-feel-it.gif

Reactions: drvenner
That’s not correct. His one incompletion was the pass that he couldn’t put the right amount of touch on to the TE by the goal line. The TE probably could have still caught it but Milton didn’t do him any favors. But yes, the overall point still stands. I thought he looked good and in control. More than happy with his performance.
That TE had about a 1” vertical jump on the pass as well. Sure he was turned around, but he didn’t help matters.

Splitting hairs on Milton’s only incompletion, but that one is shared responsibility.

Come to think of it, this discussion is worlds better than it was a year ago when Milton threw it into the river.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back