Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone ever have a concussion? Iā€™m about 3 weeks in and Iā€™m just now feeling like Iā€™m progressing back to normal. Itā€™s like I loss 3 weeks of my life in a lot of ways, itā€™s hard to describe the feeling. If youā€™re not having splitting headaches, the overwhelming brain fog and just a feeling of being disconnected from reality is crazy. Iā€™m slowly getting back to being out in the sun and watching tv/ playing video games without too much discomfort. I suspect I slowed recovery down because I was still exercising and playing video games hours and hours, even drank all in the first week. To be fair to myself, I had forgotten I hit my head and didnā€™t realize I had a concussion at the time, I thought the weird symptoms were coming from stress and anxiety mostly before I realized what happened. Be safe yā€™all, these things are horrendous and if you suspect you ever have one, rest that first week. I wish I would have connected the dots sooner and done so. Iā€™m optimistic Iā€™m towards the end now as I have rested quite a lot the past couple weeks and and slowly getting back to normal activities.

Anyone ever have a concussion? Iā€™m about 3 weeks in and Iā€™m just now feeling like Iā€™m progressing back to normal. Itā€™s like I loss 3 weeks of my life in a lot of ways, itā€™s hard to describe the feeling. If youā€™re not having splitting headaches, the overwhelming brain fog and just a feeling of being disconnected from reality is crazy. Iā€™m slowly getting back to being out in the sun and watching tv/ playing video games without too much discomfort. I suspect I slowed recovery down because I was still exercising and playing video games hours and hours, even drank all in the first week. To be fair to myself, I had forgotten I hit my head and didnā€™t realize I had a concussion at the time, I thought the weird symptoms were coming from stress and anxiety mostly before I realized what happened. Be safe yā€™all, these things are horrendous and if you suspect you ever have one, rest that first week. I wish I would have connected the dots sooner and done so. Iā€™m optimistic Iā€™m towards the end now as I have rested quite a lot the past couple weeks and and slowly getting back to normal activities.
Goodness! Have you went back for more tests?

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Goodness! Have you went back for more tests?

I had a CT scan done on Tuesday. There were no findings to be alarmed of. I think my anxiety spiked with the injury so itā€™s made it even more difficult. But the scan coming back good has eased my anxiety and reassurance that most concussions take anywhere between 2-6 weeks for people to lose most/all their symptoms. Havenā€™t had a really bad headache in almost 6 days, just some more minor ones when I lay down to go to sleep. A lot of symptoms now are face tingling (could 100% be connected to anxiety more so than the concussion), nausea, and eye strain/dryness. I probably should get my eyes checked out just in case as injuries to those can occur with a head injury. My neck as well if symptoms persist after 3 months.

šŸ™. Honestly, you still sound discombobulated. Take care of yourself and let us know when you get better.

So.......

You're branching out?

šŸ˜…šŸ˜…šŸ˜…šŸ˜…šŸ˜…
oh-man-this-is-really-bad-colin-jost.gif

Drvenner is famous at my work
We have to rotate a joke through every person each Wednesday
But they call on me alot
My best friend told a horrible joke once and i stated you sound like drvenner on Volnation
When i explained to the rest how corny this man was, their desire for more INCREASED!

So now the boss requests a drvenner joke so we can laugh at how unfunny it is, and im the delivery guy

He made me do the Italian pastaway joke the other day

Embarassing

I had a CT scan done on Tuesday. There were no findings to be alarmed of. I think my anxiety spiked with the injury so itā€™s made it even more difficult. But the scan coming back good has eased my anxiety and reassurance that most concussions take anywhere between 2-6 weeks for people to lose most/all their symptoms. Havenā€™t had a really bad headache in almost 6 days, just some more minor ones when I lay down to go to sleep. A lot of symptoms now are face tingling (could 100% be connected to anxiety more so than the concussion), nausea, and eye strain/dryness. I probably should get my eyes checked out just in case as injuries to those can occur with a head injury. My neck as well if symptoms persist after 3 months.

Highly recommend quality chiropractic care from a professional who uses current techniques. They can really be helpful with trauma related injuries. Our daughter is even addressing her TMJ and my wife is addressing her vertigo issues with it and both are having good success. Spinal/cervical alignment affects so much of our health.

Last edited:
Drvenner is famous at my work
We have to rotate a joke through every person each Wednesday
But they call on me alot
My best friend told a horrible joke once and i stated you sound like drvenner on Volnation
When i explained to the rest how corny this man was, their desire for more INCREASED!

So now the boss requests a drvenner joke so we can laugh at how unfunny it is, and im the delivery guy

He made me do the Italian pastaway joke the other day

Embarassing
Drvenner was in a band called "999 Megs". They broke up because they could never get a gig.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back