Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad story from just across the Smokies. Small town just west of Asheville that is dependent on the local plant for survival that's now closing after 115 years. Total catastrophe for the town and surrounding area and the people. And all this after a terrible flood just last year. They've had haymaker after haymaker and it's hard to see where they go from here tbh.

Screenshot_20230526_171555.jpgScreenshot_20230526_171606.jpgScreenshot_20230526_171618.jpg

Someone tried to Jack the price up on you. Rebar isn’t necessary for a 4 inch patio slab. I’d have a second quote. As @InVOLuntary said they have line pumps that are used to get around house or what they call Georgia buggy’s.
Just had a 20x15 patio poured on Wednesday and I agree. Ours was 4 inch and we did add some fiber mesh but rebar is unnecessary unless you are putting a ton of weight on that patio like a built in kitchen is what we were told. I also have a privacy fence and they did exactly like you said, used a Buggy that they drove back and forth to dump the concrete to be spread.

Sad story from just across the Smokies. Small town just west of Asheville that is dependent on the local plant for survival that's now closing after 115 years. Total catastrophe for the town and surrounding area and the people. And all this after a terrible flood just last year. They've had haymaker after haymaker and it's hard to see where they go from here tbh.

View attachment 553233View attachment 553234View attachment 553235
My extended family grew up in Canton. My great grandpa built the Canton paper mill.

That said, it was time for it to go. Would have taken a fortune to get it up to order, even without the flood. Paper mills aren't built to last over a century, even without declining demand for paper. My family friend (lifelong paper industry engineer) was brought in years ago to try to save it, he said it was impossible.

However, the heart rending article fails to mention that the final nail in the coffin was a brand new higher paying plant being built in the area where most of the workers from Champion were being poached, so the town should land on its feet. It's not going to end Canton, or if it does, it'll be replaced by a new town where the new plant is going up.

Same shirts without the brand emblems? Or? Curious about this.

In apparel, they sell a lot of brand name things. I have gotten Lucky jeans, O’Neil and Calloway shorts, Hurley shirts, Adidas and Puma shoes and many athletic brands of shorts and sweat pants. The Kirkland brand has decent clothes, too. All at prices you can’t normally get.

Reactions: Orange.

View attachment 553233View attachment 553234View attachment 553235
I heard this a few weeks ago. I'm doing some timbering and the guy takes everything usually. He said they couldn't take the tops because they didn't have a market for the pulpwood. Said they were shutting down.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back