Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
“In the Big 12, we don’t have the good fortune to play an out-of-conference like the SEC does in Week 10,” Dykes said, per Dean Straka of 247 Sports. “You are not going to catch The Citadel in Week 10. We caught Texas. That’s just kind of the way our league is designed. You have got to be on your best, and it takes a toll on your team. It is difficult is to get through that gauntlet of nine consecutive conference games, and we were beat up.”

Sorry Dykes..your team sucks.

Another reason I'm glad we did not hire that guy.

Remember that time Tennessee went to Athens and gave up 27 points and was told they were overrated and just got stomped?

In retrospect, Tennessee acquitted themselves reasonably well in Athens against this team. And they will do so much more against them next fall in Knoxville - can’t wait.

“In the Big 12, we don’t have the good fortune to play an out-of-conference like the SEC does in Week 10,” Dykes said, per Dean Straka of 247 Sports. “You are not going to catch The Citadel in Week 10. We caught Texas. That’s just kind of the way our league is designed. You have got to be on your best, and it takes a toll on your team. It is difficult is to get through that gauntlet of nine consecutive conference games, and we were beat up.”

Sorry Dykes..your team sucks.
I think we now know why they don't go OOC... Lol

Gabapentin knocks me out like a light...and it screwed up my metabolism big time. I was prescribed it in 2004 and gained 70 pounds in 7-8 months. I quit taking it because of the weight gain, and I've struggled to keep weight off ever since. If I eat carbohydrates..they go right straight to fat where I used to burn them. My Dr told me when I asked him what the hell was going on that he had explained to me when he first put me on it for nerve damage, that slowed metabolism was a side effect in a small percentage of people, and I told him that he had only told me that I could gain a few pounds thanks to fluid retention.

Either way I will never take it again...I went from 200 to 268 and have struggled with my weight ever since.

But it was miraculous how well it worked on the nerve pain..🤷‍♂️

If gabapentin helped…I would try Oxcarbazepine. Another anti-seizure medication that doesn’t have weight gain as a side effect. I find that it works for many people who can’t take gabapentin or Lyrica.

Oxcarbazepine is a generic , so it’s not expensive. Might be worth looking into…

Last edited:
Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
At this point I hope UGA wins by 80. Make the committee think twice about the big 12 next year if there's a question about who to let in.
There should've been massive red flags going off when they lost to K-State. K-State isn't terrible, but shouldn't be able to beat a playoff team that's supposed to be in its peak form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back