Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't Andy used to be pretty good at basketball?
I'll admit, back in the day, whenever they had Will Perdue, Barry Booker, Barry Goheen, Frank Cornett..went to the Sweet 16...They beat Pitt in the second round on miraculous shots, in OT, one of the happiest sports moments in my life...they got beat in the 16 by Kansas, who won it all that year. I loved that team. 1988.

Cal's got another 6-7 year run in him at another school. As Ziti used to say, he needs to reset his clock somewhere else. Things have stagnated in Lexington for him, much as they did for Barnes in Austin.
I could see that. He seems stale there. He was considered up there with Bill Self as one of the top in the game but Self hasn’t dropped off whatsoever

They won't win the east, but they will finish 3rd and be a problem for some folks. They will score but struggle to defend. It's a very QB rich draft and that's why he's coming back. Here is how I see the east next year. Georgia, Tennessee, SC, Kentucky, Missou/Florida (I can't choose), Vandy.
It's really not a rich QB class, Rattler just isn't really that good. He had two good games this year.

Reactions: OrangenSC
With that model, the 3 at-large would've been OSU, Bama, and TCU. Vols would get snubbed despite beating Bama and Clemson and would've easily beaten KSU, Utah, and TCU.

I think we are seeing increased parity now. Need 12 or 16. There'd be some walk-throughs for sure, but we'd also get to see schools like Tulane beat schools like USC sometimes.

March Madness started with just a dozen or so teams and gradually grew to what it is today. Basketball is a much different sport, but could you imagine if they'd stuck with the 1940s like 16-team bracket today? There'd be no Cinderellas. There'd be no chance for the little guy.

Every other level of football has a larger playoff. I'm with Mike Leach on that.

In fact - in honor of Mike Leach we should expand asap. Call it the Mike Leach College Football 16-Team Playoff 😂
The more parity there is, the more a 16 team playoff will make sense. If lemmings would stop piling up at 4-5 schools and spread out, it could be like the old days...can you imagine some of the great playoffs we could have had in the 80s and 90s?

Dumb, crossover dribbling while the clock is running out instead of driving.

Forced a bad shot now it's tied.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back