Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trevor Lawrence another trash qb that was all world in college because his team was stacked with 5 stars… a lot like Stetson but taller.

Actually, I figured it would happen. I wasn’t disappointed 😒. Look at us winning big against SC and MSU and falling off a bit to Vandy. Then the last couple of weeks of Cal having the time he’s had? It was the perfect storm.
I kinda look at it this way too: I figure we lose 6-10 games before the NCAA tournament. Okay, so I guess it doesn't really matter who or how. Obviously "better" loses help our seeding.

So we drop an early one at home to a middling Colorado. Not great. Turn around and top Kansas to win Atlantis. Pretty dang good bounce back. Play well over bad teams, lose to AZ on the road. Bot a bad loss. Tough game. Bounce back and put up a good little streak with our best performances in a row. Beat up some SEC schools and put ourselves in a good starting position. Okay, now we've dropped a game to Kentucky. Rivalry, and its UK. It happens.

So that's 3 losses. And we're halfway through the season, on pace to go 26-5 through the regular season. Hey that's pretty good.... not too shabby.

So why are we gnashing teeth and foreboding like a red sky in morning?

I'm not concerned until we put together a string of bad performances and losses. That would be cause for groaning. But even if we did, we're still in likely position to make the tourney (would need an absolute epic collapse) and all that matters is playing our best then. So as long as we get problems sorted out by then, it's whatever. Good teams hit speedbumps every season.

Someone pulled out the receipts. That's a weird situation apparently. Idk why the coach wouldn't just keep his mouth shut.

Edit to add: He may have never enrolled, but since he signed with Sav. St. it would make logical sense that he'd be listed as a Sav. St. transfer in the portal.

Reactions: DarthVol1
I kinda look at it this way too: I figure we lose 6-10 games before the NCAA tournament. Okay, so I guess it doesn't really matter who or how. Obviously "better" loses help our seeding.

So we drop an early one at home to a middling Colorado. Not great. Turn around and top Kansas to win Atlantis. Pretty dang good bounce back. Play well over bad teams, lose to AZ on the road. Bot a bad loss. Tough game. Bounce back and put up a good little streak with our best performances in a row. Beat up some SEC schools and put ourselves in a good starting position. Okay, now we've dropped a game to Kentucky. Rivalry, and its UK. It happens.

So that's 3 losses. And we're halfway through the season, on pace to go 26-5 through the regular season. Hey that's pretty good.... not too shabby.

So why are we gnashing teeth and foreboding like a red sky in morning?

I'm not concerned until we put together a string of bad performances and losses. That would be cause for groaning. But even if we did, we're still in likely position to make the tourney (would need an absolute epic collapse) and all that matters is playing our best then. So as long as we get problems sorted out by then, it's whatever. Good teams hit speedbumps every season.
Last years NCAA championship game had a 6 loss team against a 9 loss team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back