Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is not really a big job. My wife used to help but I made one too many smart alec comments and so any maintenance that comes up has to be done on my own by hand.

LMFAO. Glad you didn't go the route of calling a team meeting, giving a performance review, identifying a positive/negative/positive and then saying that you were exploring bringing on another team member to increase productivity and would be interviewing candidates for "the right fit".

That would be R.I.P. for Glitch but an epicly funny way to die.....or even worse, she might initiate her own performance review.

3:00 AM? Better not upset the wake up guy

677bb0c4-1ec2-4d22-a04f-a19f948950fd_text.gif
I may not even go to bed.

morning-tired.gif

But does it recognize irony? Until it can co-habitate with a generation of millenials, it can fetch my beer for me. Dominion, beeshes.

Spect is earn't. God gave us subsequent generations to test us, trials. Like the Israelites, but different. Pretty sure he was in a spritely mood when he hit the enter button on millenials.

All-time jerk level practical joke. I couldn't even have made up the idea of millennials before they existed. They are truly mind blowing.

BaseVols need to do football a solid and win out this weekend at Clemson!

Per @jvols1999 (#65), look at our big football prospects who are visiting Clemson this coming weekend:
WR Mike Matthews
LB Sammy Brown
WR Bryant Wesco
S Ricardo Jones
WR Braylen Staley
IOL Ronan O'Connell
CB Omillio Agard

BaseVols need to wreck the atmosphere! 🍊

Well, I did an intro cook of a fried rice on the Blackstone Griddle a couple nights ago. Big success, lots of fun. Today though, did a smash burger and that alone made the Blackstone worth getting. Sooo good. 🤤

@RikidyBones how were your first cooks?
I essentially had the same menu lol.
20230526_165252.jpg

Don't want to get into a thing but our courageous men and women that died in Vietnam were not fighting for our freedom, they were lied to...as is true for every "war" since WWII. Our government should offer a formal apology every Memorial Day to the soldiers and families that died under false pretenses. Rant over.

I served in Vietnam, crew chief on a Huey Gunship. I was with the Air Cav Troop, 11th Armored Cavalry. We knew why we were there. No one "lied to us". It was a sh[tty war, but all wars are sh[tty. Our officers actually educated us about our treaties, SEATO, and obligations. I have nothing but respect for how professional they were.

IMHO the problem with that war was that there was a draft and all the rich kids got a deferment, at least at the beginning. When deferments went away all the rich kids and their parents started b[tching about it, protesting. IMHO that war was more justified than Iraq, maybe even Afghanistan. JMO

Sounds like the doctor/s you’ve been around are idiots. Wait…… did you take him to Blount Memorial?? 🤔

No but it's a local. I'd give anything if he were at UT but the ambulance wouldn't go out of county for it. They won't since COVID hit.

I served in Vietnam, crew chief on a Huey Gunship. I was with the Air Cav Troop, 11th Armored Cavalry. We knew why we were there. No one "lied to us". It was a sh[tty war, but all wars are sh[tty. Our officers actually educated us about our treaties, SEATO, and obligations. I have nothing but respect for how professional they were.

IMHO the problem with that war was that there was a draft and all the rich kids got a deferment, at least at the beginning. When deferments went away all the rich kids and their parents started b[tching about it, protesting. IMHO that war was more justified than Iraq, maybe even Afghanistan. JMO
Thank you for your service and your willingness to set the record straight.

Ok, guys and gals. At 3:00am Tuesday begins my excursion in the Bahamas. Our flight leaves at 5:25am from Knoxville to Nassau via Charlotte. We arrive in Nassau at 9:30am. We need to arrive at the airport by 3:30am as we have a metric crap ton of baggage. I'll probably have $500 in checked baggage. 🙄

We grab our rental then check into an air bnb near the marina. From there I'll visit a Bahama cell phone store to purchase a sim card so I can have service down there.

We them will visit grocery stores to begin provisioning for two weeks aboard our boat. We can't board our boat until 5:00PM Wednesday so we'll probably continue provisioning Wednesday too. We stay in the marina that night, go through an orientation, then we leave the marina on our way to the top of the exumas. It's a couple of hour run to where we plan to anchor.

We'll cruise over the next two weeks about 450 miles ending up back in Nassau on the 14th of June.

All the thoughts, prayers, good vibes and such are all appreciated. This is a true bucket list item that we've planned and saved for for years. I'll try and post pics along the way if we have data or wifi.
Nice, we were gonna do the Bahamas this year but couldn't get the group to agree on anything 🙄. They wanted to stay in a resort all week, never leave it, and sit by the pool. I wanted to go to one of those eco-resorts on a small island and fish.

Told them if they wanted to go sit by a pool or a beach for a week they should go Florida. We settled on Biloxi, and I get to go fishing lol

All-time jerk level practical joke. I couldn't even have made up the idea of millennials before they existed. They are truly mind blowing.
My wife is a linneal. I used to be in management, of millenials. I said **** this...back in sales. Not being cocky, but hard work begets success, that is from a higher power.

Had a linneal ask me once how I was able to connect with people so well? I said if I have to explain that, you prob need a new line of work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back