'24 Recruiting Forum: Official Alabama Pregame/Game Thread

I seem to find more reasons we lose than win. The entire Florida game was embarrassing, 10 straight quarters of garbage offense, then OT happened and we looked like what we thought we were. That gives me hope.

This team has me like kombucha girl:
1729011924732.gif

Reactions: BlackCreekVol
I seem to find more reasons we lose than win. The entire Florida game was embarrassing, 10 straight quarters of garbage offense, then OT happened and we looked like what we thought we were. That gives me hope.

This team has me like kombucha girl:
View attachment 687309

Embarrassing is a weird way to describe a win. Acting like we were playing ETSU or something

Reactions: vol94
@nicksjuzunk made the game thread, @SagginVawls fulfilled his "pee drinking" obligation, and @dmwvol12 burnt his '08 copperhead status. 😱

I don't see anyway we lose this game!!!

ALL ABOARD THE HEUP TRAIN!!!View attachment 687310

VOLUNTEERS - 38
gumps- 27

GBO
Everyone has recency bias when it comes to the Vols but not for the Tide. Glad Nick gave his all for the Vols but he forgot Saban is gone and with him the Alabuba defense. The Tide lost to Vandy and barely beat usc junior and Saban is a freaking talking head. Neyland stadium is electric and the Vols get it done.

Vols-34
Tater diggers-24

Idk if our offense can score 20 points against a good SEC team. I thought Oklahoma was an anomaly but then came Arkansas and Florida.

Watching the game in person got me more concerned as I saw our tackles get beat frequently. Plus, we had holding penalties on numerous plays which put us behind the chains for 3rd and long.

Hopefully this wk will be different.

Go Vols!

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Idk if our offense can score 20 points against a good SEC team. I thought Oklahoma was an anomaly but then came Arkansas and Florida.

Watching the game in person got me more concerned as I saw our tackles get beat frequently. Plus, we had holding penalties on numerous plays which put us behind the chains for 3rd and long.

Hopefully this wk will be different.

Go Vols!

Let’s just be like the 2011 Bama team.

AJ McCarron was ass. They relied on defense to win it all and obviously their run game.

Seems exactly like our team this year.

McCarron’s stats that year were:
- 2634 passing yards
- 16 TDs / 5 INTs

I’d say Nico will be around that when this season is over.

Just keep winning with defense!!

i have no idea on this game.

i have zero confidence in how we're playing right now. the passing game is non existent, i don't trust the o line. i feel like our defense has suddenly gotten very porous, while still making big plays along the way. we couldn't move the ball against Arkansas and were in very real danger to losing to Fl by double digits.

but that's us. Bama, outside the 1st half against UGA, has looked pretty mediocre too. i mean, they lost to VANDY. surely we can compete with that team? they coulda/woulda/should lost to USCe.

i think this game is difficult to pick....we have home field, which i think matters. but they have milroe and williams, and that will matter.

i don't think anyone would be surprised at who wins this game and the loser will probably be looking back at a handful of plays/mistakes that had they gone the other way, maybe changes the outcome.

neither team can afford to lose it, and both teams think they can win it. that usually makes for a good game....

BVS says this is the type of game we usually lose....but despite the Arkansas game result, we've won 2 games this year that would have typically been lossess in years past, OU and FL.

i think this game hinges on whether or not Williams and Milroe generate multiple big plays for quick scores. i think their plan is relatively simple...put the ball in Nico's hands and see if he can beat you. our plan has to be to keep everything in front of us, and contain the big play....death by 1000 cuts.

there are match ups in their secondary that we can take advantage of, if we can keep Nico upright, and not kill ourselves with mistakes.

i have no idea on this game. my brain says they're better at QB and they have match up problems for us at WR. my heart says it's a home and if we can play clean, and not shoot ourselves in the foot, we can play with anyone.....

so.....the pick? TN 24 Bama 29. i think our defense bends but doesn't break and forces FG's instead of TD's, but they just have more opportunities and ultimately it's enough to get out of Knoxville with a win. but i wouldn't be shocked at all if it's us at the end either. i think both teams have issues. when you lose to Arkansas and Vandy, you have issues.

i'm just concerned we don't have as many answers as Bama, and it may just be 2-3 plays they get with Williams down field or Milroe with his legs that winds up being the difference.

i have no idea on this game.

i have zero confidence in how we're playing right now. the passing game is non existent, i don't trust the o line. i feel like our defense has suddenly gotten very porous, while still making big plays along the way. we couldn't move the ball against Arkansas and were in very real danger to losing to Fl by double digits.

but that's us. Bama, outside the 1st half against UGA, has looked pretty mediocre too. i mean, they lost to VANDY. surely we can compete with that team? they coulda/woulda/should lost to USCe.

i think this game is difficult to pick....we have home field, which i think matters. but they have milroe and williams, and that will matter.

i don't think anyone would be surprised at who wins this game and the loser will probably be looking back at a handful of plays/mistakes that had they gone the other way, maybe changes the outcome.

neither team can afford to lose it, and both teams think they can win it. that usually makes for a good game....

BVS says this is the type of game we usually lose....but despite the Arkansas game result, we've won 2 games this year that would have typically been lossess in years past, OU and FL.

i think this game hinges on whether or not Williams and Milroe generate multiple big plays for quick scores. i think their plan is relatively simple...put the ball in Nico's hands and see if he can beat you. our plan has to be to keep everything in front of us, and contain the big play....death by 1000 cuts.

there are match ups in their secondary that we can take advantage of, if we can keep Nico upright, and not kill ourselves with mistakes.

i have no idea on this game. my brain says they're better at QB and they have match up problems for us at WR. my heart says it's a home and if we can play clean, and not shoot ourselves in the foot, we can play with anyone.....

so.....the pick? TN 24 Bama 29. i think our defense bends but doesn't break and forces FG's instead of TD's, but they just have more opportunities and ultimately it's enough to get out of Knoxville with a win. but i wouldn't be shocked at all if it's us at the end either. i think both teams have issues. when you lose to Arkansas and Vandy, you have issues.

i'm just concerned we don't have as many answers as Bama, and it may just be 2-3 plays they get with Williams down field or Milroe with his legs that winds up being the difference.
I can't imagine that many points with our great defense and our bad offense. Agreed on everything else but 24-20 or so. Not sure who has which score.

VN Store

Back