Redemption Game 2013

Last year we had we had the game won against BYE and still lost. Looking forward to beating them twice this year.

Reactions: 3 people
georgia because it's my birthday and all i want is a win. along with beating florida and bama.

Last edited:
No, i am not serious. My idea of a redemption game is either Georgia or USC. If we can somehow pull out a win in EITHER of those games it will be a good year. ( I am serious about wanting to PUNISH Kentucky 50-0 though )

It's gotta be Florida. If we happen to pull out a victory in the swamp, us winning the East would be a good possibility. Just imagine the confidence this team would have for the rest of the year.

I would love it, we need to make it a rivalry again, but it is going to be incredibly difficult. IMO, Even more so than usual because of the Oregon game. Traveling across the country and having to deal with that environment and that offense running as many plays as they do, then coming back and preparing for the Gators and going down there. The Gator offense isn't dynamic, but they are grinders and I think that works against us once again in the final 20 minutes or so. I'm not trying to be Debbie Downer, but I just see it playing out that way. I hope I am incredibly wrong, just like most of you hope I am.

I would love it, we need to make it a rivalry again, but it is going to be incredibly difficult. IMO, Even more so than usual because of the Oregon game. Traveling across the country and having to deal with that environment and that offense running as many plays as they do, then coming back and preparing for the Gators and going down there. The Gator offense isn't dynamic, but they are grinders and I think that works against us once again in the final 20 minutes or so. I'm not trying to be Debbie Downer, but I just see it playing out that way. I hope I am incredibly wrong, just like most of you hope I am.

I agree. I'm not sure if this is the year, but I do think we make it a decent game, though.

SOUTH CAROLINA!!!If we had good coaching last yr,we win that game in Columbia. Spurrier knew he pulled one out after that game was over. We have them in Neyland this year and I feel we match up against them well.

Hows that matchup on J D Clowney?

uh every team we lost to...especially considering we have losing streaks against bama and florida...oregon crushed us in neyland...3 years straight to uga...losing to vandy ever...losing 3 in a row to usc...losing to mizzou...pick one

Yeah......Id say winning them all is a good option.

Reactions: 1 person
As a resident of a town on the outskirts of Atlanta, I must say that every year, the team I want the Vols to beat the most is Georgia..........

Reactions: 1 person
As a resident of a town on the outskirts of Atlanta, I must say that every year, the team I want the Vols to beat the most is Georgia..........

Yes, this is exactly how I feel. MY 2 favorite teams are UT and whoever is playing Georgia (including Florida). So the UGA game is always like super-bowl week for me.

uh every team we lost to...especially considering we have losing streaks against bama and florida...oregon crushed us in neyland...3 years straight to uga...losing to vandy ever...losing 3 in a row to usc...losing to mizzou...pick one

This.

Hard to pick one when we owe pretty much everybody an aZZ kicking.

This. Kill em all, let god sort em out...

Oregon. It would set the positive tone that the foundation cliches are not just coach speak, but reality. Players could go into any game thereafter knowing they have a chance to win.

What 1 game is the most important redemption game for 2013?

Personally, for me it's the Vandy game this year. I never ever again want to see the Vols dismantled by our instate rival Commodores. I still haven't fully recovered from last years beating.

All of them. UT is 2 seasons removed from losing to UK. They lost to a Mizzou team that is clearly at the bottom of the SEC in overall talent. They were embarrassed after a major build up by melting against UF. A long string of futility vs Bama. Thumped by UGA. Beaten a couple of years straight by USCe.

Shoot... they were even embarrassed by Oregon last time these Srs saw them as Fr. You have people openly saying that WKU might upset this team.

The only games I see where UT won't have some sort of extra motivation to win are APSU and USoA.

VN Store

Back