Regarding our next 3 series.

It depends on which players show up. Are the pitchers ready to return to pitching instead of just throwing? Are the batters ready to start getting on base and driving in runs and stop looking at called strives? Will our catchers throw out base runners atty to steal based? All of those questions are addressed to the players I have seen the last three weeks. These things have happened onl about one third of our SEC games. If I he ate ready to play, we are ready to still come out to watch them play. I hope they are ready to play to their potential and if they do, we will win a lot of our remaining games.

Just now checking out this thread.

Seriously skewed list to expect any team in the sport to have a winning record against three of the top 5 teams in the nation just to have an acceptable result.

I'd say three wins is a disappointment but not an unacceptable result.

Four wins is very acceptable and I'd be satisfied.

Be very happy with a 5-4 record and in many ways it should be expected to be just about the max vs such competition.

6-3 would be nothing short of heroic.

Just now checking out this thread.

Seriously skewed list to expect any team in the sport to have a winning record against three of the top 5 teams in the nation just to have an acceptable result.

I'd say three wins is a disappointment but not an unacceptable result.

Four wins is very acceptable and I'd be satisfied.

Be very happy with a 5-4 record and in many ways it should be expected to be just about the max vs such competition.

6-3 would be nothing short of heroic.
With the win yesterday, 5-4 is still obtainable and would be a monumental shift for the boys after starting out 0-2. But I agree with you, a result of 4 wins would be satisfying. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I may have missed something, as I have been out of phone service for a good bit of the weekend.
Where is Ahuna?

Final report card :
2-7.
abysmal. No one on here thought it would be that bad.
And I didn’t even consider the upcoming Vandy series.
So far it has been one of those years when everything that could go
wrong went wrong. Beginning with the “ frozen “ start of the year in Mizzu.
Unearned runs and players LOB have been killing us.
I still have “ some “ faith, and believe we could win the Vandy series.
A sweep over them, although unlikely, could turn the season around.

We have talent people say-I think we have pitching talent-not executing that very well

Our Hitters I don’t see the Big Talent
Burke that’s it-maybe I’m wrong

We have talent people say-I think we have pitching talent-not executing that very well

Our Hitters I don’t see the Big Talent
Burke that’s it-maybe I’m wrong

We don't hit good SEC pitching very well and that's compounded by hitting even worse with runners in scoring position
The defense though is a real head scratcher - don't they take infield and hit fungo to these guys anymore? smh

VN Store

Back