Replay Has Arrived In The Sec

It will do a great job of replacing the visual test that SEC's officials used to have to pass:

Attachments

• holdingcall.JPG
    holdingcall.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 0
Originally posted by Orangewhiteblood+Mar 3, 2005 11:25 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Orangewhiteblood @ Mar 3, 2005 11:25 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-milohimself@Mar 3, 2005 11:09 PM
But, we also got phantom holding calls against Auburn in the SECCG.

That whole game was strange. Penalties killed us in that game right down to the one where our whole defense stopped playing and Campbell threw a TD pass. [/quote]
That game was fishy....That TD pass isn&#39;t called back that Reed made a great catch on and if Houston&#39;s big run isn&#39;t called back..we win that game....That&#39;s fine, I hope auburn enjoyed last year because they will take some severe beatings this year :bash:

Originally posted by #10_Ainge_#10@Mar 4, 2005 12:19 PM
That game was fishy....That TD pass isn&#39;t called back that Reed made a great catch on and if Houston&#39;s big run isn&#39;t called back..we win that game....

The only thing fishy about that game was how CPF managed to get through the whole game without stangling one of his cornerbacks.

It will definitely be interesting to see how this works out. Only downside: I&#39;m picturing even more "TV Time Outs". . . . . dragging games out to 4 hours plus and causing even the mightiest-armed Jack wielders to need larger flasks.

Originally posted by GAVol+Mar 4, 2005 2:06 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (GAVol @ Mar 4, 2005 2:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-#10_Ainge_#10@Mar 4, 2005 12:19 PM
That game was fishy....That TD pass isn&#39;t called back that Reed made a great catch on and if Houston&#39;s big run isn&#39;t called back..we win that game....

The only thing fishy about that game was how CPF managed to get through the whole game without stangling one of his cornerbacks. [/quote]
That&#39;s true...I don&#39;t see how they can give up that many big plays..... :censored: If we can get that fixed this year, our Defense will be tough

I didn&#39;t research how the Big 10 handled their replays but someone aboved mentioned the Florida game and another mentioned the Auburn game.

In the Florida game, if replays are handled similar to the NFL way, the personal foul couldn&#39;t have been reviewed and overturned anyway. As for the AU game, I don&#39;t think they review holding penalties either. Maybe I&#39;m wrong but I don&#39;t see how the replays could have helped or hurt in either instance mentioned above.

DD

If they used replay to review holding calls, the game would probably take 7 hours. :blink:

I like replay, being from Ohio I got to watch a lot of Big ten games, and the replay was very good. It&#39;s pretty much the same as the NFL, only it doesnt take half the game to figure out like the NFL, coaches don&#39;t challenge plays, it&#39;s the booths decision to replay it, and the booth also reviews it and makes the call, not the refs.

It worked well for the Big 10, glad to see the SEC pick it up.

VN Store

Back