Rest In Peace

RIP Leonard Eckl. 4/27/16. My mother's father. He was my last grandparent and the best person I ever met.

Was a poor farmer, didnt graduate high school, fought in WWII, came back worked at a shipyard while running a farm and starting a good cattle venture. Had 8 kids. Paid for all 8 to go to college. Never hated a single person his whole life. If my math is right he was 89 when he passed. Had fought and beat cancer, but it looks it toll. Until that point he was a small man but made of steel. I've seen him throw square bales and pick up logs bigger than him but always ready with a smile. Helped out anyone and everyone he could. And I bet to this day he still was making people laugh and smile with an easy joke.

4 of his kids were with him when he passed. My mom was maybe 20 mins away and I was planning on visiting him this weekend. Instead I am going to his funeral.

He is survived by all 8 kids. 22 grandkids and 9 great grand kids

C'est la vie.

Reactions: 1 person
RIP Leonard Eckl. 4/27/16. My mother's father. He was my last grandparent and the best person I ever met.

Was a poor farmer, didnt graduate high school, fought in WWII, came back worked at a shipyard while running a farm and starting a good cattle venture. Had 8 kids. Paid for all 8 to go to college. Never hated a single person his whole life. If my math is right he was 89 when he passed. Had fought and beat cancer, but it looks it toll. Until that point he was a small man but made of steel. I've seen him throw square bales and pick up logs bigger than him but always ready with a smile. Helped out anyone and everyone he could. And I bet to this day he still was making people laugh and smile with an easy joke.

4 of his kids were with him when he passed. My mom was maybe 20 mins away and I was planning on visiting him this weekend. Instead I am going to his funeral.

C'est la vie.

Sorry for your loss, louder.

C'est la vie.

Really sorry for your loss. He sounds like a really great guy. I'm sure you enjoyed being around him.

VN Store

Back