Rising NFL prospects (Tyler Bray)

YankeeVol

Raised a Yank, Born a Vol
An ESPN Insider article from Mel Kiper:

Tyler Bray, QB, Tennessee

The concerns about his off-field commitment and preparation have been out there for a while. But in a QB class where every prospect comes with questions, Bray is the ultimate risk-reward shot because he has Day 1 raw skills. Teams who already have a starter and were thinking of taking a backup on Day 2 might be more inclined to target his high ceiling. In that case, Bray could come off the board.

Unrelated, but I read an article about Montori Hughes in which a NFL scout said, "he got kicked off the team at Tennessee. You have to do quite a lot to get kicked off at Tennessee."

Reactions: 5 people
He has tremendous physical talent his mental talent will have to improve by quite a bit.

Good for Tyler! A lot a teams in the NFL with mediocre at best back up QBs. Pittsburgh, Atlanta, Baltimore, Chicago all would be good landing spots for him Imo.

I'd like to see the Titans take him. Give Locker another year or two, and if doesn't work out, try Bray.

He has the potential to be a superstar QB. Kids can do a lot of growing up between their late teens into their early-mid 20s.

Reactions: 3 people
I'd like to see the Titans take him. Give Locker another year or two, and if doesn't work out, try Bray.

He has the potential to be a superstar QB. Kids can do a lot of growing up between their late teens into their early-mid 20s.

Titans fans would be calling for him by the midway point of the season. He needs a team where he can sit for a FEW years and learn

Reactions: 8 people
Steelers. Tomlin has been to TN before and has seen Bray as a Freshman firsthand. Tomlin probably understands where Bray has actually excelled these past years and how to get past his flaws.

Reactions: 2 people

Didn't he talk to the Titans this week? Thought I read that

I think Bray will eventually play in the CFL. I think the mental part of the game will be his downfall in the NFL.

If he's not good enough to start there will be more than enough teams who will keep him as a back up. He'll make a few million as a backup even if he never starts a game. And I think we all know that, barring some insane event, some team will over pay for him in Free Agency if he has one or two good games against bad teams or even has one good statistical run (which we all know he can do) ala Matt Cassel or Flynn.

The only thing stopping Bray is his selfish attitude.

If he's not good enough to start there will be more than enough teams who will keep him as a back up. He'll make a few million as a backup even if he never starts a game. And I think we all know that, barring some insane event, some team will over pay for him in Free Agency if he has one or two good games against bad teams or even has one good statistical run (which we all know he can do) ala Matt Cassel or Flynn.

I'd love for the Falcons to have Bray as a backup.

Reactions: 1 person
If it doesn't work out he can go to pass happy Arena Football. There he can chuck it repeatedly the length of the field. :D

Great spot for him... Hold a clipboard for the next 12 years and never play and become a multimillionaire

Some of our fans don't need a "Biopsy...", they need a "Lobotomy." Maybe that would help them to quit trashing former players. Probably not, seems to be well ingrained.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back