Rivals Number 1

Hard to believe, but it's amazing what a coach with motivation can do with top-of-the-class facilities and tradition. Boys (and girls), we are on the way up.

Reactions: 5 people
I know there's still a long ways til NSD, but this is awesome. It's crazy that we have the #1 class right now, considering all of the coaching changes and the ****ty season we're coming off of.

Go Vols!

it's nice to see let's hope it don't turn out like the last number one class though. remember it ain't number one until that trophy is in the trophy case in knoxville.

inkt.gif

Reactions: 2 people
I am so excited about this, We should have at least 3-5 threads on this alone. Mods let it be!

I was skeptical about this Henderson kid, I didnt think we were in it that close, but I am surprised again by Tha Butch's recruiting. Also, mad credit goes out to Coach Elder and Coach Thig, 15th and 21st recruiters in the nation, respectively!

VOLS ARE COMING BACK!!! BOOK IT!

Reactions: 1 person
I am not really a star watcher, however it is hard to believe there is only 4 "5 star" on that list. A lot of talent left on the board. GBO and knock down a few of these guys.

as others have stated - a long way to NSD - but you have to feel good about leading early with these guys. I know a lot will be placed on how we fair in games - hopefully our staff is doing a strong job of building against the influx of negative waves to come once play begins.

Not only is it a great feeling its a great recruiting tool too. Now we can tell kids, hey come be a part of the #1 recruiting class in the nation! Hopefully these kids take notice and jump on because this class is filling up fast!

I don't follow recruiting that closely but it looks like the only reason UT is #1 is because they have the most commits. By average ranking UT is 7th or 8th.

Regardless, the work Butch and staff have put in is evident. Nice job.

Reactions: 2 people
I don't follow recruiting that closely but it looks like the only reason UT is #1 is because they have the most commits. By average ranking UT is 7th or 8th.

Regardless, the work Butch and staff have put in is evident. Nice job.

Our average star could go up a lot with some of the big fish we have on the line right now. Top 250 guys like hendrix, bates, Malone, cornwell, dj smith, gaulden, mcdowell and kamara would boost that number considerably. Not to mention all the 4 star talent were in on like barnett, ford, mosley etc... We have a great shot with a lot of these guys so that number will likely change in a good way. And dont forget only the top 20 count so some of the lesser ranked guys won't effect that when we get enough to stop counting them.

Reactions: 1 person
in another thread they said we were only taking 14 this class
did i miss something? surely that's not right

VN Store

Back