Rivals

Whos Tennessee's biggest rival?

• Total voters

RockyTop08

I think its florida cause ever since ive watched the vols play their closest games have been against the gators

Originally posted by vol100@Jul 11, 2005 10:04 PM
Bama- always has been, always will be
[snapback]112593[/snapback]​

:thumbsup:

Very true Doc. I doubt anybody over the age of about 25 would say anything other than Bama.

I kind of see it as a changing of the guard. Bama is and has been our biggest rival up to now in my book. However, on down the road, I could see UF taking the place of bama..

Being a UT follower via marriage, I have always wondered something. Do either UF or Bama consider UT one of its biggest rivals? I mean, Bama has Auburn, UF has FSU - I am just wondering if these games mean (emotionally) as much to them.

Originally posted by WP99ND06@Jul 11, 2005 10:27 PM
Being a UT follower via marriage, I have always wondered something. Do either UF or Bama consider UT one of its biggest rivals? I mean, Bama has Auburn, UF has FSU - I am just wondering if these games mean (emotionally) as much to them.
[snapback]112613[/snapback]​

For Alabama, I'd say we're a close second to Auburn and for Florida I'd say we've become dead even with FSU since the game almost always determines who is going to win the SEC East.

Originally posted by WP99ND06@Jul 11, 2005 10:27 PM

I think it depends what is considered hated and what is considered a rivalry. I hate Vandy, Bama is my biggest game of the year. i think some of those fans would tell you the same thing. I also agree with you that with the advent of divisional play that UGA and FLA will become more important games- but for those of us who can remember the 12 year and then 10 year straight losses to the Crimson tide you learn to both enjoy the wins and losses

Easy. Bama

Florida is a big rival but The Third Saturday In October is one of the most storied rivalries in college football. IMO, Tennessee-Bama ranks with Bama-Auburn, Ohio State-Michigan and Army-Navy.

Florida is definitely our biggest rival, particularly over the past 10-15 years, and after the 2 division split. With that said, living here in tallibammastan, I'd rather beat the bummers just to be able to live in peace for another year.

These folks are SICK :pukeb:

Originally posted by WP99ND06@Jul 11, 2005 7:27 PM

I'd say probably not, from what I've seen. Florida fans I know always seem to consider FSU and sometimes Miami bigger rivals, while Bama considers Auburn a bigger rival. I think the Vols would have a rivalry that bitter with Vandy if they were more competitive.

Im no Vandy fan, But CRN squashed that, and our oldest rival .

No if ands or buts, ever since i was a small VOL, Bama is the most heated rivalry.

Ga-Fla Bama-Aub are tradition rivals, We are just the pain in their Bums, That will NOT GO AWAY! :gun:

"I could see UF taking the place of bama.." Sorry but

UF could never replace Bama as our biggest rivalry!

Trick question, all time its 'bama, last 10 years it Florida because the winner usually goes to the SEC title game and we own bama.

I said Florida. Only being 16 years old (17 in 4 days!), the UT/Florida game has been the biggest one for the past few years. I wasn't around for the UT/Bama rivalry. :)

~*Crystal*~

Originally posted by CrystalEHS07@Jul 11, 2005 10:49 PM
I said Florida. Only being 16 years old (17 in 4 days!), the UT/Florida game has been the biggest one for the past few years. I wasn't around for the UT/Bama rivalry. :)
~*Crystal*~
[snapback]112677[/snapback]​

I wasnt around for the most part.
Happy early BIRTHDAY! Good years ahead of you....
But Yes Fla has more NCAA, SEC East meaning, But a poll here or else from Vol fans would prove, If we went 1-10, If the win was Bama.

We had a good season to build on...Id respect Fla as a SEC power, But along came SOS. For me it was hard to take his mouth.
He was born and breed johnson city TN. Just TN Had no interest in him.
He found a home and QB gig in Fla , Where some yrs later he was hired Headmouth.

The fact, that 10 min's from my home, There is Steve Spurrier field, His alum highschool, Is an insult again. Now Fla is a must win! Not cause of old visorboy, But because in the east if ya lose to Ga or Fla, You wind up have'n to pull for 1 or the other. That isnt a good season.....

Bama. Bar None. All you youngsters need to be taught a thing or two. Its Bama. Always has been, always will be.

is it really a rivalry if its one sided? in the past I think its bama hands down but when you whoop em year in and year out can you really say its a rivalry? or is it just someone we like to beat up ?

I said Bama.

Now, I can understand why some of you whipper snapers would say Florid, I really do. As of late, a win over Florida has been far more important to our season's worth than a win over Bama. But, we could also say the same thing of Georgia of late.

But for real, overall, when you've got to have a win or die Vol football it's always been Bama, and it will be for some time to come.

Now, if Bama doesn't return to their previous competitive level within the next 10 years, that could change. For one thing, by then we'll have tha advantage in the overall record with them and teams like Georgia and Florida will replace them, but for now it's the Tide.

Nothing feels so good as beating them.

If you're under 40 you probably don't understand that.

I agree beating bama is the highlight of any season for me. But lately it hasnt been the same as it was in the past.

VN Store

Back