Riyahd Not Practicing, Dallas On Defense

Is it normal for this many injuries to happen during PRACTICE ?

Is it normal for injuries to happen during fall camp? Yes. Is it normal for injuries to pile up this quickly? No I don't think so. I mean, we're only at the start of week 2 and we already have 4 injuries! That's NOT normal.

Danny Parker ‏@TheDannyParker 2m

#Vols DBs coach @UTCoachMartinez on Jalen Reeves-Maybin: "I love Jalen. Jalen's a tough, smart football player." Freshman may move to LB.
Always thought he'd end up at OLB, just didn't expect it this year. Especially not with us being this thin in the secondary.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Couple of thoughts: The physical nature of practice is a double-edge sword. You want to be physical and see who can hack it but the down side is the injuries. The coaches prob think Dallas can make the position change the easiest and we do have a surplus of WR's. Im thinking JRM's move to LB will affect Safety depth more than CB. Isn't he more suited for safety build wise?

Couple of thoughts: The physical nature of practice is a double-edge sword. You want to be physical and see who can hack it but the down side is the injuries. The coaches prob think Dallas can make the position change the easiest and we do have a surplus of WR's. Im thinking JRM's move to LB will affect Safety depth more than CB. Isn't he more suited for safety build wise?

Nope. He already weighs 210+. Put 10-15 lbs on him and you have yourself a heck of a coverage OLB. Kid can lay the wood too.

Couple of points and some questions...

First off, love the jrm move to linebacker, always assumed that's where he would end up anyway.

Second always figured that if a wr made a move to d. It would be Bowles since it seems like he isn't cracking the depth chart and I seem to remember him being somewhat of a two position prospect coming out with some speculation on which side of the ball he would play.

Third is the Dallas experiment the most indicative of which of these statements?

-Dallas is underachieving at wr

- the young wr are much better than anticipated and the writing on the wall is that he will fade to the back

- the db are hurting more than expected

I hope it's not #3, because if the DBS are worse off then the very young and inexperienced wr then we may have some serious issues....

Couple of points and some questions...

First off, love the jrm move to linebacker, always assumed that's where he would end up anyway.

Second always figured that if a wr made a move to d. It would be Bowles since it seems like he isn't cracking the depth chart and I seem to remember him being somewhat of a two position prospect coming out with some speculation on which side of the ball he would play.

Third is the Dallas experiment the most indicative of which of these statements?

-Dallas is underachieving at wr

- the young wr are much better than anticipated and the writing on the wall is that he will fade to the back

- the db are hurting more than expected

I hope it's not #3, because if the DBS are worse off then the very young and inexperienced wr then we may have some serious issues....

I would have to guess #3 Jones was a JUCO..you don't bring them in unless you plan on using them right away..now he and Gordon are gone and all that is left with experience are Toney and Coleman

Last edited:
It is absolutely #3. We have lost a LOT of depth at CB recently and are scrambling at that position.

Probably some #2 and mostly #3. Dallas is probably a better DB than WR though they may miss his blocking. He is physical and athletic.

VN Store

Back