Rocky Top Goosebumps

When they run through the T before an especially big game I will sometimes tear up from the excitement of the moment.

Was talking to our warehouse manager today (aubren fan) about the practice on the 17th. Wondering what Jones had in mind and whatever. He said something about whether or not the players would be accessible to the fans (like the spring game) and I was saying I don't do the autographs thing anyway. He said, "But didn't you get your picture made with a player one time?" I said "YES! Wes Brown! The year after he graduated we ran into him and his mom on the concourse in Neyland and I was lame enough to ask for a picture with him", which is still one of the coolest things EVER to me! That interception for six is one of my all time favorite plays ever by a Vol.

So I made him pull up the video of Brown's touchdown and we watched it. When they start singing at the end I was singing with them. Then he said "The hair on your arms is standing up."

Chills, goosebumps, hair standing on end, I don't care what you call it. Rocky Top is like the Vols saying "I love you" when I hear it. GO VOLS!!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e94mAmdxaFg[/youtube]

I was there for that one. I was so fired up for Wes. He WOULD NOT be denied that TD!

Reactions: 1 person
I was there for that one. I was so fired up for Wes. He WOULD NOT be denied that TD!

look at the determination to get into the redzone!

Look at the determination to get into the touchdown!

**language

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1P0yfq2wDvU[/YOUTUBE]

i hate the Woo, but i do it in Neyland Stadium. i get caught up in the moment. this year i might start screaming Boom and get it to catch on.

I'm ok with the Woo but you may be onto something with the Boom. Sounds tougher. When you catch yourself doing the Woo, think Ric Flair. That makes me feel better about it.

GIFSoup

i think i get goosebumps for every kickoff and whenever i am down in knoxville for a game the first time rocky top comes on. also whenever i watch one of those tennessee pump up videos on youtube...or an old game of us beating florida or bama

My daughter will be a freshman at UT this fall. While taking her on her tour of UT earlier this year the Pride of the Southland Band was practicing on the intramural fields while we were standing next to the student aquatic center. When they played RockyTop the hair on the back of my neck stood up and I nearly wept.... so yes, I get goosebumps when I hear what I consider the greatest fightsong in college athletics

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back