Ruby Whitehorn Highlights

I'm a little worried about the Sam W connection to Miss St now in terms of Ruby. I'll bet Sam's been working on her for awhile, for the LVs of course. But has built a relationship. Hope next thing we hear is her LV signing, not another visit, like to Starkville.

Who paying you? The stuff you post makes no sense. None whatsoever.

I only posted this because some posters seemed to have never heard of her and this was an attempt at helping with that. Plus the possibilities are awesome. 🤷🏾‍♂️
Next time a heading of Lady Vol Prospect Info ....tooooo much to create a thread of a may or may not. Appreciate the info ,but this is a big tease intentional or not.

I'm a little worried about the Sam W connection to Miss St now in terms of Ruby. I'll bet Sam's been working on her for awhile, for the LVs of course. But has built a relationship. Hope next thing we hear is her LV signing, not another visit, like to Starkville.
I guess she could change her mind but she has already committed to the coaching staff…. AP confirmed it.

Reactions: barrylee and glv98
AP didn’t say that we had Nye…. That was Skim.

Exactly.
Posters comparing this situation to a player that nobody ever said was recruited by CKC or visited UT.
Two players visited weeks ago and both players committed.
Another player visited last week and is rumored to have committed.
It’s amazing to hear all this speculation about a player that nobody ever said UT was interested in until CKC hired one of her new assistants.
Kind of bored and played out to keep referencing speculation.

Last edited:
Reactions: knoxvol52
The longer this goes with a commitment, the more I see this play out like the player from Alabama. Everyone thought she was on board, but it didn't happen.
Didn't Spearman also visit over a weekend and then committed on the following Wednesday? It's only Tuesday. It's only been 2-3 days since her visit.

Didn't Spearman also visit over a weekend and then committed on the following Wednesday? It's only Tuesday. It's only been 2-3 days since her visit.

This is true. It is just funny to hear people continue to claim a player “backed out” of a commitment that was nothing more than a rumor.
And a pretty weak rumor at that based on an assistant coach taking a new job.

Reactions: Raebo
I know at least a couple of times on this board it was said that AP had also confirmed it. Perhaps that info was incorrect.
I think people got confused between her and spearman… I think I saw where he said that we had a good shot at her but that was it.

This is true. It is just funny to hear people continue to claim a player “backed out” of a commitment that was nothing more than a rumor.
And a pretty weak rumor at that based on an assistant coach taking a new job.
Is there any chance in LK committing

HA! I asked for that. ;)
FWIW, I press "send" on probably every third, fifth, ...tenth post. I start to type, then get distracted, disgusted ...sleepy.
And, I had intentionally not watched video on this, or any of the other presumed prospects; didn't want to further confuse things, or get my hopes up.

Then, suddenly, there she was - page one! And so, I snuck a peek. Seemed innocent-enough at first, but well, here we are. So, I'll stop for now. And get back to the more important things in life. Like, refreshing the screen. Pacing. More coffee. I need much more coffee.
And, they're my thumbs. I can twiddle them as much as I want.
Cheers.

Fun fact:
I recognized the color commentator’s voice on some of the home game highlights.

For those of you who have been around the women’s game for a while, that’s Jim Davis.
He was Clemson’s head women’s coach for around 17-18 years. He’s the winningest basketball coach in Clemson history men or women. He won 2 ACC championships while he was there and Clemson was almost always ranked. Coach against a lot of greats (Kay Yow NC St., Sylvia Hatchell UNC, Gail G. Duke).
Won a JUCO National championship at Roane State in Harriman, TN.
Originally from Englewood, TN (between Knoxville and Chattanooga).

Really great guy and tremendous coach!
More like between Etowah and Madisonville. I live in Benton and make that trip up US Highway 411 North several times a year.

HA! I asked for that. ;)
FWIW, I press "send" on probably every third, fifth, ...tenth post. I start to type, then get distracted, disgusted ...sleepy.
And, I had intentionally not watched video on this, or any of the other presumed prospects; didn't want to further confuse things, or get my hopes up.

Then, suddenly, there she was - page one! And so, I snuck a peek. Seemed innocent-enough at first, but well, here we are. So, I'll stop for now. And get back to the more important things in life. Like, refreshing the screen. Pacing. More coffee. I need much more coffee.
And, they're my thumbs. I can twiddle them as much as I want.
Cheers.
We are all in the same boat!!!

Probably me, but I'm failing to see the connection between "Just Dropped In" and "Mable Joy."
If I'm understanding your confusion (it that's the right word), it's a Mickey Newbury Album from 1971, which I'm not sure I've heard; but, I think that JWF is making the connection of the two through the songwriter who, of course, also wrote "Just Dropped In." Ironically, Newbury wrote Dropped In for all the right reasons; but, there was such an exciting, cool (the go-to word of the time), and even sensual/romantic, and, of course, rebelious attraction to the song once Kenny Rogers and The First Edition got their hands on it. (though, I still consider "Something's Burning" his/their greatest hit ...which is saying a lot).
Anyhow, glv98, Madtownvol, lvocd, Coach Jumper, and others are way more knowledgeable on this subject. But hey, since I just happen to be back in the neighborhood, and for no other reason, really ...
Cheers.

If I'm understanding your confusion (it that's the right word), it's a Mickey Newbury Album from 1971, which I'm not sure I've heard; but, I think that JWF is making the connection of the two through the songwriter who, of course, also wrote "Just Dropped In." Ironically, Newbury wrote Dropped In for all the right reasons; but, there was such an exciting, cool (the go-to word of the time), and even sensual/romantic, and, of course, rebelious attraction to the song once Kenny Rogers and The First Edition got their hands on it. (though, I still consider "Something's Burning" his/their greatest hit ...which is saying a lot).
Anyhow, glv98, Madtownvol, lvocd, Coach Jumper, and others are way more knowledgeable on this subject. But hey, since I just happen to be back in the neighborhood, and for no other reason, really ...
Cheers.
AHHHH! There we go. I didn't know Newbury wrote it.

Once again I come away from Volnation a more informed man!
(Well... it happens sometimes, anyway.)

VN Store

Back