Rumor Is

Originally posted by LadyinOrange@Mar 14, 2005 4:06 PM
I think I'll start a poll......

No please don't do it. Step away from the computer! Put the keyboard down!

Originally posted by TNVOLS1@Mar 14, 2005 4:45 PM
Good team next year what rock have you been living under. Crump was bad but his replacement is worse. McFadgon is gone, Lofton will be gone, Gordon will not come and T. Smith may ask out.

Hey, thanks for that little glimpse of sunshine! :thumbsup:

I love all the hand wringing. Lofton should transfer to Louisville. He can play 9-10 minutes a night and carry the equipment.

Originally posted by TNVOLS1@Mar 14, 2005 4:45 PM
My source is not the Tennessean.

Good team next year what rock have you been living under. Crump was bad but his replacement is worse. McFadgon is gone, Lofton will be gone, Gordon will not come and T. Smith may ask out.

At least we can hope for fundamentals and defense.

No talent with good coach wins over no talent with Buzz. That's making the big assumption that we actually make a good hire this time.

Originally posted by vol_freak@Mar 14, 2005 7:27 PM
That's making the big assumption that we actually make a good hire this time.

You know what happens when we ASSUME with Tennessee basketball.

Originally posted by kiddiedoc+Mar 14, 2005 7:30 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kiddiedoc @ Mar 14, 2005 7:30 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-vol_freak@Mar 14, 2005 7:27 PM
That&#39;s making the big assumption that we actually make a good hire this time.

You know what happens when we ASSUME with Tennessee basketball. [/quote]
Dissapointment?

No player is going to immediately transfer. Once any initial anger about the firing subsides, the players will wait to see who the administration brings in to be the coach. They have to finish the semester academically, as well as weigh the reality of sitting out a year if they transfer.

Lofton was interviewed on WVLT a little while ago and he said that he is a VOL and will be a VOL next season. In my book that far outweighs what his mamma said to a newspaper reporter about what Chris "may consider" doing.

Lofton is not going to leave a situation where he is a primary offensive option to go sit out a year, then be a role player.

VN Store

Back