Saturday Scrimmage Notes

I’ve never been silent. I thought he played a hell of a game outside of his mistakes vs MSU. I personally think the only times he’s looked “bad” was vs UF and the first two drives of UK. Other than that he’s proved my points for me.
I didn’t see your presence. Maybe it’s relative. Nothing concerning QB’s has been “proven” imo.

This is JG's 5th year, Shrout's 3rd, Maurer's 2nd.

You'd think at least ONE of these kids would be developed enough by now to be at least serviceable. If we struggle again at QB, I see 0 reason why Weinke is employed at UT next season.

That to me would depend on who says jg is the starter. We really don't know what we have other than him, or I should say what they are capable of. And it appears Jg is taking all the snaps with the 1's according to practice reports.

I’ve said I’m not going to engage you anymore (who knows how long that lasts?) and I’m going to hold to it. However I will tell you a true story that reminds me of you and your boy.

About 10 years ago I had another qb that I had been coaching for a couple of years at the time. He and Brian were both in the same age group and were actually competitors in the fall for opposing teams. After year 2 his father decided he no longer liked the way I coached his son. I understood because I’m known to coach “outside the book” and don’t believe in “limits” of what a kid can do due to his age.

It was already determined that I would no longer coach his son but he decided it was a good idea to call me on my personal phone and apologize for his outburst later that day. Within that conversation he used Brian as a measuring stick for his boy to compare. I didn’t take well to the comparison because I don’t like comparing kids but I listened. His statement was “Brian is not a qb. He’s just an athlete that can throw.” “His mechanics are garbage and you allow it” “My boy IS a real qb and he’s better than Brian will ever be.” After his apology mixed with criticism I informed him that I would continue to coach his son for the remainder of that year because of his apology but due to his comparing and criticism he was no longer welcome the following year and beyond.

The effects of that day wouldn’t be felt for years to come but they did. And quite harshly. Brian didn’t have a single offer that wasn’t D1. The other qb just didn’t get a single offer until late his senior year where committed on the spot to a D2 school in Florida. The ironic part of the story is this this qbs family was die hard Tennessee fans and always have been (unknown by me at the time). So unless they stopped watching, as a result of that day they get to watch Brian take the snaps that they so confidently thought belonged to their son.

You remind me of this father. You obviously have no idea how to read potential and your hate for a KID is absolutely disgusting. That’s why I have no respect for you and if you don’t change your ways, karma is going to give you a reality check just like that guy. GROW UP.
Lol, they were like 9 or 10 ten years ago, could BM make throws that only a few 15 year olds could make back then?

VN Store

Back