'25 SC DB Onis Konanbanny (Tennessee commit)

giphy.gif

Couldnt you just make it at home? I mean, it cant be that hard. Potatoes, fried. Fish, fried...
I can’t explain it, but just over a decade ago I had fish and chips from a tiny shop in a little town in Scotland. A village really, all that was there was a few shops and houses and a 600 year old stone bridge.

Anyway, they put the fish and the chips in a bag, doused it with malt vinegar, and shook it up. I don’t know what kind of alchemy they do over there in the Ancestral Homeland, but good golly, Miss Molly. I’ve had fish and chips from Lord knows how many English, Irish, or Scottish-themed “pubs” and other restaurants here in the US. None have come close.

Edit: But now Onis can experience the fine delicacies of cornbread, real biscuits, and pulled pork. Boom!

Last edited:
I can’t explain it, but just over a decade ago I had fish and chips from a tiny shop in a little town in Scotland. A village really, all that was there was a few shops and houses and a 600 year old stone bridge.

Anyway, they put the fish and the chips in a bag, doused it with malt vinegar, and shook it up. I don’t know what kind of alchemy they do over there in the Ancestral Homeland, but good golly, Miss Molly. I’ve had fish and chips from Lord knows how many English, Irish, or Scottish-themed “pubs” and other restaurants here in the US. None had come close.
IMG_8395.gif

The Scout​

Prior to Konanbanny publicly revealing his decision at Heathwood Hall School on Friday, Volquest caught up with On3 Director of Scouting and Rankings Charles Power to get his thoughts on the four-star cornerback.

“Onis Konanbanny is a prospect we have known for some time dating back to him emerging on the radar at Rabun Gap-Nacoochee,” Power said of Konanbanny. “I think for starters, he has good feet and is just a well-coordinated athlete. He shows the ability to change directions well and stay in phase in coverage. We like his physicality as well. He is an active and willing tackler. I think he potentially has the versatility to play multiple spots in the secondary given his overall skillset. You can see some of his athleticism on the soccer field. He checks in around 6-0 and around 170 to 175. I think moving forward, he is going to need to improve his long speed. He is definitely a quicker-than-fast athlete at this stage. I think he has some versatility and physicality and could potentially play in the slot at nickel, play on the outside, and play safety. I think he brings some versatility to the secondary for Tennessee.”

What does the addition of Konanbanny mean for the Tennessee secondary?​

Tennessee loves versatility when recruiting players in the secondary. The Vols have coveted Konanbanny for some time, and this is another key win. Tennessee trusted evaluations and landed multiple top secondary targets in this class, and they now add Konanbanny to a class consisting of Tre Poteat, Sidney Walton, Dylan Lewis, and Tyler Redmond. Of this grouping, Walton likely sticks at safety long-term, but the other four are likely to get work at multiple spots across time and will give Tennessee plenty of positional versatility for years to come.

So what’s next?​

Tennessee has been on a heater since June, and now, the attention is going to turn toward the start of the season over the next week as there are no more scheduled announcements at this time. Tennessee will start hosting recruits in the coming weeks and getting top 2026s to town will be key. The Vols will continue to work on Daune Morris and others in the 2025 class throughout the season and work to get them to campus as well.

-VQ

VN Store

Back