Schaeffer Article On Govols.com

QBvol7

Can anyone cut copy and paste the article off of govols.com titled Schaeffer set to be No.1 QB

Please help.

Schaeffer has sights on being No. 1 QB
Freshman says he has no plans to transfer

By MIKE GRIFFITH, knsgriff@aol.com
March 30, 2005

Sorry bro but we can't copy/paste subscription content but you are welcome to summarize in your own words. - vol_freak

Originally posted by Orangewhiteblood@Mar 30, 2005 12:43 PM
''

i still think he will be our quaterback he has to much to offer to play wideout he looks good this year and looks alot bigger than he was!!!

Basically, it will come down to gut instinct for the coaches. All 3 are bonified QB's. I see some eaaly season shuffling to see who comes out on top in real game pressure. But, whoever gets the first strike and doesn't stumble, likely will not come out except to give some morale time to the others.

I think the job is more open then what we think it is.

Everyone close to the program that knows football has said Ainge will have to fall on his face for Schaeffer to be the starter.

Mark it in ink Ainge is the starter.

Is that kind of like "mark it down, Buzz will be back next year"??

Sorry TNVOLS1, I couldn't resist.

Fulmer might name BS the starter in the spring just to keep him from transferring,but i think when its all said and done EA will be the man.

Originally posted by Orangewhiteblood@Mar 30, 2005 12:43 PM
Schaeffer has sights on being No. 1 QB
Freshman says he has no plans to transfer

By MIKE GRIFFITH, knsgriff@aol.com
March 30, 2005

Sorry bro but we can't copy/paste subscription content but you are welcome to summarize in your own words. - vol_freak

Oh, my bad Freak. I thought that we could. Seems like I have done it before....

Ummm to summarize, Schaeffer said that he has put on 10 pounds, his arm feels stronger, the coaches are impressed with his play so far and he is not thinking about transferring to another school. :thumbsup:

Did you have to use the red font though? ;)

Don't you just love the red font? I feel like LIO when I do that.

So it really does sound like Brent is confident about this and thinks he can actually beat out Ainge! Lets be for real yhall... its gunna come down to Erik and hes going to be our starter and Brent will be our 2nd .. and I guess that leaves crazy legs Clausen 3rd!.. GO BIG ORANGE :D

Originally posted by vol_freak@Mar 30, 2005 4:31 PM

:shakehead: :lol:

And I kind of feel like I am back in the third grade all over again.

Originally posted by vol_freak@Mar 30, 2005 3:31 PM

Face it, Freak. You are not me. You will never BE me. Give it up. And who told you you could use my red pen?

:angry:

Originally posted by LadyinOrange+Mar 30, 2005 6:40 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (LadyinOrange @ Mar 30, 2005 6:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-vol_freak@Mar 30, 2005 3:31 PM
Don&#39;t you just love the red font? I feel like LIO when I do that.

Face it, Freak. You are not me. You will never BE me. Give it up. And who told you you could use my red pen?

:angry: [/quote]
teachers and their red pens..............

Like I said mark it down.

No one knew Buzz would go into his meeting with Hamilton and shoot himself in both feet.

As I said before and was soundly abused for. All of our QBs , due to coaches recruiting, are good enough to start for any team in the country. Including Brent. Just because you personally have a woody for a particular player does not make him the best for the job.

here is a similar article from yesterdays tennessean.

Wednesday, 03/30/05

Schaeffer returns to field planning to become starter

KNOXVILLE — Going through his first spring practice at Tennessee, Brent Schaeffer is naturally more comfortable with the offense.

That much is clear as the Vols returned to practice yesterday.

The other thing that&#39;s clear, at least in Schaeffer&#39;s mind, is he&#39;s a quarterback and only a quarterback.

&#39;&#39;Right now, I&#39;m sticking to working at quarterback,&#39;&#39; said Schaeffer, asked about the possibility of playing multiple positions next season. &#39;&#39;I&#39;m trying to earn the quarterback job, so I don&#39;t think about other positions.&#39;&#39;

Reminded that he played a few snaps at receiver in the Vols&#39; last scrimmage, Schaeffer said, &#39;&#39;I was just playing around.&#39;&#39;

Coach Phillip Fulmer is committed to getting the ball in Schaeffer&#39;s hands as much as possible, which means Schaeffer has been taking a few turns fielding punts.

&#39;&#39;If I can help the team, then yeah, I would like to do it,&#39;&#39; he said. &#39;&#39;We didn&#39;t do that well at punt returns last year. So if I can help the team, I would love it.&#39;&#39;

Schaeffer said the best thing he has going for him right now is that he&#39;s more mature. The offense is coming to him a little easier, and he&#39;s trying to be more of a leader.

Admittedly, he did more free-lancing than anything last season before breaking his collarbone in the South Carolina game.

&#39;&#39;It&#39;s a lot calmer,&#39;&#39; Schaeffer said. &#39;&#39;At first, I was real antsy. Now, I&#39;m more mature and understand the offense and see things better. I&#39;m also more mature in handling things like meetings, how to study film and doing things better off the field.&#39;&#39;

What&#39;s it going to take to beat out Erik Ainge for the starting job?

&#39;&#39;I think I have to show the coaches that I can run the offense well and take care of the ball,&#39;&#39; Schaeffer said. &#39;&#39;You can&#39;t have turnovers, and you have to move the offense down the field. Whoever does that the best is going to get the job.&#39;&#39;

Either way, Schaeffer said he&#39;s committed to being at Tennessee for the long term. He also said he&#39;s never told anyone he plans to leave if he&#39;s not the starter heading into next season.

&#39;&#39;I try to think optimistic,&#39;&#39; he said. &#39;&#39;I don&#39;t think, &#39;Well, if I don&#39;t win the starting spot, I will play receiver or I&#39;ll transfer.&#39;

&#39;&#39;I think I&#39;m going to get the starting spot. I don&#39;t want anything negative in my head.&#39;&#39;

Secondary shuffling: Roshaun Fellows and Jonathan Hefney, the Vols&#39; two starting cornerbacks last season, have made an impression on Fulmer with their work at safety this spring.

&#39;&#39;We are doing more things well at safety right now than at any time during the season last year, which is encouraging,&#39;&#39; Fulmer said. &#39;&#39;They are trying to be physical. They&#39;re doing a good job with their disguises. Having those corners play it has given us a little bit more athletic ability there.&#39;&#39;

Fulmer said either Fellows or Hefney would go back to cornerback once Antwan Stewart is healthy. Stewart is still recovering from knee surgery that caused him to miss all of last season.

&#39;&#39;If (Stewart) gets cleared, then he will work at safety and we will move one of those guys back to corner,&#39;&#39; Fulmer said. &#39;&#39;Jon Wade was out here full time (yesterday), and it looked like he had a heck of a day for his first day back.&#39;&#39;

Surgery for Mayo: Redshirt freshman center Cam Mayo is scheduled to have surgery today and will miss the rest of the spring.

The Vols&#39; numbers at the center position continue to dwindle. Richie Gandy is also out after injuring his knee playing pick-up basketball and could miss all or part of the season. Offensive linemen Rob Smith, Cody Douglas and Arron Sears have also missed time this spring with injuries.

&#39;&#39;It&#39;s a little hairy right now as to who is going to be the center,&#39;&#39; Fulmer said. &#39;&#39;It really has been a part of the disruption we&#39;ve had to the offense. We have had no continuity or consistency at the center position, and that&#39;s a problem right now.&#39;&#39;

Douglas worked with the first team yesterday at center, while David Ligon worked with the second team.

Fulmer pushing: Fulmer is turning up the heat this spring on his second-teamers, especially those who&#39;ve done more watching than playing to this point.

&#39;&#39;We have a big separation with guys who have played in games and know what they are doing,&#39;&#39; Fulmer said. &#39;&#39;There&#39;s too much of a drop-off between the next level of guys who have been here a couple of years and either should have been in the mix or almost in the mix.

&#39;&#39;They have to close that ground so that we can count on them. Then we have a bunch of young guys who are talented, but have not played a lick and they don&#39;t understand what it takes to play in the Southeastern Conference.&#39;&#39;

Fayton returns: Receiver C.J. Fayton returned on a limited basis yesterday after offseason knee surgery kept him out for the first part of spring practice.

Receiver Jayson Swain also returned to practice, while linebacker Daniel Brooks remained sidelined. He&#39;s been out with a hand infection.

— CHRIS LOW

Hey Brent, wake up and smell the coffee. You ain&#39;t our starting qb&#33; 1) Clausen 2) Ainge 3) Schaeffer/Crompton

Originally posted by donsargegolf@Mar 31, 2005 6:12 PM
Hey Brent, wake up and smell the coffee. You ain&#39;t our starting qb&#33; 1) Clausen 2) Ainge 3) Schaeffer/Crompton

hey don wake up&#33; clausen aint starting either.

its ainge bubba.

VN Store

Back