Schaeffer Article On Govols.com

:lolup: :lolup:
yeah i wont have any defense team will i.

sorry don. u r right casey clausen will start.

lol.

wouldnt u clasen lovers like that one.

:bad:

go ainge, our future leader.

Don... Honestly, let's face it, Rick does not have the physical ability to keep up with the majority of SEC football. The reason his stats looked as did as they good at the end of the season is because he got to play against three of the worst pass defenses in the country. They barely even had him try to throw against Auburn.

he was 6 for 20 against auburn

lol. that is bad.

he cost ut the notre dame game, and nobody ever even brings that up.

like it never happened. we would've got to play at least someone in the bowl who would have put up a fight and not sit and took it in the jaw like a and m.

thanks alot casey, oops i mean rick.

And what about A&M's defense? And the 6-20 against AU could have some results of our offensive mastermind, Randy Sanders.

Attachments

• trophycollage.jpg
    trophycollage.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 0
ya but u gotta admit clausen looked unstoppable in the cotton bowl. all three qbs bring something to the table. it's a great problem to have. c'mon guys let's bury this qb stuff until at lwast after the orange & white game. i gotta feeling we will find out alot then.

The reason Clausen looked unstoppable is because Texas A&M's pass defense was virtually nonexistant. I respect Rick a whole lot and am glad as heck to have him fill in at the end of the season, but he simply suffers from the same problems Casey did, even moreso; A lot of heart, good decision-making, but just lacking a whole lot of physical ability. It kept Casey from establishing himself as a great QB, and it will keep Rick from establishing himself as an effective QB in a conference with such stingy defense as the SEC.

Rick looked good against the gutter defenses. Vandy, UK and aTm were all low ranked defenses. It was obvious when we played Auburn that he didn't have the arm strength.

Clausen did a lot of things good for us, but he is not our future.

Originally posted by donsargegolf@Mar 31, 2005 6:12 PM
Hey Brent, wake up and smell the coffee. You ain't our starting qb! 1) Clausen 2) Ainge 3) Schaeffer/Crompton

:clap:

you've successfully made yourself look leven more ignorant than before. congratulations.

Originally posted by JSB2277+Mar 31, 2005 8:46 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JSB2277 @ Mar 31, 2005 8:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-donsargegolf@Mar 31, 2005 6:12 PM
Hey Brent, wake up and smell the coffee. You ain&#39;t our starting qb&#33; 1) Clausen 2) Ainge 3) Schaeffer/Crompton

:clap:

you&#39;ve successfully made yourself look leven more ignorant than before. congratulations. [/quote]
hahaha, and i was begining he couldn&#39;t get any worse.

Why does every dislike Brent is it because he can run out of the pocket i mean lets all have some more no running qbs lets see Peyton got us a sec title Casey got us nothing.Tee Marting could run and he could throw and he got us both a sec trophey and a NC Trophey i am sick and tired of hearing lets start ainge he looks like Peyton yes i love Peyton just as well as anyone but he won 1 sec title and always got beat like he stole somthing against Florida&#33;&#33;

No one dislikes brent. But we just think ainge would do the job better.

i agree with volattic. nobody knows how much brent has improved this spring. for all we know he could come out firing this spring and play as the #1 qb throughout the fall. the same goes for ainge and clausen. it all depends on how well they do in the offseason. just be happy the guy has some confidence about this. would you rathar have a guy out there that holds his head down low wanting to transfer because he doesn&#39;t beleive he has what it takes at the school he is at? give him a break guys, a little more improvent and schaffer can be very dangerous. all i can say is the qb job is gonna be really hard to come out with this spring. just my :twocents:

Nowhere in this thread have I seen mention of the thing that made us perhaps the toughest to prepare for. I&#39;m speaking of the use of both Ainge and Schaeffer within the game plan. They are both extremely talented at their position, and Randy Sanders was beginning to show that using two quarterbacks might not necessarily be the taboo that everyone says it is. My vote, continue to use them both. They are a dangerous combination, and hell on a defensive coordinator. As for Rick, ain&#39;t it great to know there is a veteran that you can depend on standing right next to the caoch&#33;

In my opinion, no starter is set in ink. I am pretty sure Fulmer will start whoever shows they are the most ready, no matter what the performance was last year.

Under game pressure Brent was much less focused than Ainge.

They&#39;re both great athletes but Ainge had a far greater pocket presence than Brent. In the Florida game Ainge stood in the pocket and looked off receivers like a 3 year starter. Brent, on the other hand, would look off his primary target and if he wasn&#39;t open, he would try to make something happen with his feet.

Now, that worked well against SC, but it won&#39;t work well against teams like Florida and Georgia who have as much speed on defense as the Vols do.

Tee, after his first couple of games, had a great presence in the pocket and he only resorted to making things happen with his feet when he had to.

That is the big difference.

If Brent can calm down in the pocket, he&#39;s got good arm strength and could make a great QB.

I also believe Ainge has a little quicker release. This too makes a difference in a close situation.

Both are good, but I believe Ainge will start.

were not in 04&#39; anymore. this is a new year. anything can happen. i could care less who starts as long as we get an sec championship and come up smellin; roses.

Originally posted by duckman398686@Apr 1, 2005 10:05 AM
were not in 04&#39; anymore. this is a new year. anything can happen. i could care less who starts as long as we get an sec championship and come up smellin; roses.

Well, yeah, we&#39;re not in 04, but we have to talk about it.

Heck, we&#39;re football fans. What else are we supposed to do.

We talk about how great we ended the last year and how great we&#39;re going to do in the coming year.

Remember, even Vandy is undefeated in August. :D

VN Store

Back