Scott McClellan resigns

I fully expect the Democrats to make gains since it's a midterm election, but it's a long way to November.

(DAVOL @ Apr 19 said:
There is gonna be alot of disappointed people on this board come Nov.

Not sure which side you are referring to but as a republican, I won't freak out if democrats are elected.

Here's a list of things I won't do:

claim the election(s) were fixed

assume every democrat is evil incarnate and possessed by a criminal mind

start websites to impeach newly elected leaders

apologize to the rest of the world for our voting mistakes - see link dumbest website ever

criticize every single decision, vote, policy supported by a democrat.

(volinasheville @ Apr 19 said:
Or keep my bumper stickers on my car and the campaign signs in my yard for the next four years.

Now those are the saddest people of all. I saw a Beetle with a Dukakis sticker the other day. :focus:

Asheville looks like a time warp. (Props to Rocky) There are so many Kerry/ Edwards stickers on cars here it looks like 2004.

Only time will tell what kind of President Bush really was....and I'll be smiling when it does.

Back to the topic . . . I'm kind of happy to see McClellan step aside. I think he's a little too nice. The White House Press corps has treated him like a punching bag.

It's definitely not a job I'd want, no matter who is President.

Can't we at least get someone with a sense of humor? I mean, they never really tell us anything anyway. It's all propaganda for whomever is in office. The least they could do is get someone that could tell a couple of good jokes to pass the time.

I agree . . . Ari Fleischer was a whole lot better IMO. Those guys have to walk a tightrope though. It has to be tough when some of those reporters start badgering.

(volinasheville @ Apr 19 said:
Asheville looks like a time warp. (Props to Rocky) There are so many Kerry/ Edwards stickers on cars here it looks like 2004.

Actually I understand. If I lived in NC I would want Edwards out also. I lived in Georgia when they decided to save the state and sacrifice the country with Carter.

(Orangewhiteblood @ Apr 20 said:
Can't we at least get someone with a sense of humor? I mean, they never really tell us anything anyway. It's all propaganda for whomever is in office. The least they could do is get someone that could tell a couple of good jokes to pass the time.

CJ Kregg will be out of work in just three more episodes of WestWing...

VN Store

Back