Seattle drafts Darrell Taylor No. 48

Super happy for DT! Really made strides each year. Drafted ahead of most projections...maybe why they didn't go into more detail. We all know stars do not equal stardom, and draft round projections do not make rosters. I'm not a Seahawks fan, but cant wait to cheer for him every Sunday!

Is he the only player in the draft that they didn’t talk about, show the family celebration, etc.? They mention him then move on to interview someone else
They didn’t send him a media kit. He wasn’t supposed to go that high in the draft. Hence Seattle’s trade ups to get him.

Congratulations, DT!! The Seahawk defense just got better! Go get em'!

Made Mel Kiper’s Head Scratching Picks:
View attachment 273259
DT drew double teams all season long. He will be one on one, against a RT, in the NFL, until he shows enough to draw double teams and constant chipping. If he cant rise to that level, he may be re-trained as a LB, or released.

Made Mel Kiper’s Head Scratching Picks:
View attachment 273259
Another failed reach by Kiper to stand by his original assessment. Pete traded up to get him. They know what they are getting and they got who they wanted. Who cares where Kiper had him ranked as DE, he probably didn't watch one Tennessee game last year.

DT drew double teams all season long. He will be one on one, against a RT, in the NFL, until he shows enough to draw double teams and constant chipping. If he cant rise to that level, he may be re-trained as a LB, or released.
In a 4-3 I’d think he’d be on the weak side...going against the LT.

Reactions: pimo1
I feel like in the NFL he fits better at OLB in a 3-4 but maybe that's just me. The fact he played against SEC olines might mean he's more ready than most for NFL competition but I dunno. I think he will be fine as long as he stays healthy. Seahawks are a good spot for him to land.

VN Store

Back