SEC/ACC Challenge Begins Tonight

A lot of our fans aren't going to like hearing it, but UK is going to be a problem, this year. They still have three 7-footers yet to get healthy. I said it earlier, but they could be the most talented and most complete UK team since the Wall/Cousins/Bledsoe group from 13 years ago.

They play a lot like that Bama team from a year ago.

Agreed. They are very athletic and love to run tempo. They are going to be a match-up nightmare for us when their young guys mature and gel as a team.

They are better right now than they’ve been in years for coach cal. And I think it’s because they don’t have the 7 footers. It’s free flowing offense with guys that can get to the basket and make 3s. Cal seems to always play multiple 7 footers that are very limited offensively. They’re just athletic and tall and it bogs down the offense. I’ll be interested to see if the big men they have are more skilled than they’ve had up there over the past 5 years or so and the offense can continue to move like it is now. Their athleticism will be a major problem for us.

Aaron Bradshaw is a 7’1” athletic freak with a nice stroke. If anything, he’ll make an already dynamic roster even tougher to guard. He’s a matchup nightmare for us if how we handled Edey and Dickinson is any indication.

Maybe Kentucky peaks early. Maybe the shots stop falling. Maybe Miami is just mid. But, through 7 games Kentucky has found a way to make their freshmen lineup play like experienced veterans. They certainly look like the class of the SEC right now.

Reactions: BreatheUT
Williams *****ing on Bama fans during their own game broadcast. Put that directly into my veins.

A lot of our fans aren't going to like hearing it, but UK is going to be a problem, this year. They still have three 7-footers yet to get healthy. I said it earlier, but they could be the most talented and most complete UK team since the Wall/Cousins/Bledsoe group from 13 years ago.

They play a lot like that Bama team from a year ago.
I’m not ready to put this above their 2012 or 2015 teams yet. They did almost lose to St Joseph’s.

Aaron Bradshaw is a 7’1” athletic freak with a nice stroke. If anything, he’ll make an already dynamic roster even tougher to guard. He’s a matchup nightmare for us if how we handled Edey and Dickinson is any indication.

Maybe Kentucky peaks early. Maybe the shots stop falling. Maybe Miami is just mid. But, through 7 games Kentucky has found a way to make their freshmen lineup play like experienced veterans. They certainly look like the class of the SEC right now.

Sadly they have what seems like 6-8 guys who can score double figures. We are going to have to hope our strength and physical style affects them. Disappointing we have so many brick layers and guys are turnover prone. In the end, our style allows us to be in every game though.

6-4 currently. Might as well be 7-4 with Vandy being Vandy.

Need the piggies, war eagle, and the puppies to win for a push. Luckily, they are all in striking distance.

Looks like we’re going to go 2-5 tonight after 4-3 last night. So it would finish at 6-6 in the challenge. Not the best showing for the SEC. We needed a few more wins but 0.500 is certainly not going to hurt the league.

Looks like we’re going to go 2-5 tonight after 4-3 last night. So it would finish at 6-6 in the challenge. Not the best showing for the SEC. We needed a few more wins but 0.500 is certainly not going to hurt the league.
2-5 and 4-3 is 6-8, not .500, unfortunately.

VN Store

Back