SEC challenge

Originally posted by milohimself@Jun 21, 2005 11:26 PM
Should be as well, IMO. You've got the two projected divisional champions of the SEC meeting in an early date.
[snapback]106332[/snapback]​

Gonna be a bada$$ matchup, although truthfully, I think most tigerfans are most anxious for the Auburn match, since it'll probably decide the winner of the west, and we're dying for payback from last year. Gonna be good to have you guys back in the Valley tho. UGA just didn't cut it, ya know? :) Hopefully, with any luck, it'll be a preview of the SECCG.

Originally posted by milohimself@Jun 22, 2005 12:33 AM
Indeed. I am of the opinion that Alabama will be a bigger threat to win the West than Auburn.
[snapback]106340[/snapback]​

I'm really not sure which of them is a bigger threat. Alabama has Croyle, and he's been making noise in preseason practices, or so I hear. On the other hand, they've got very little depth to them, team wise. Auburn has lost most of its backfield, so I dunno.

Auburn has lost most of everything.

Alabama had one of the best defenses in the country, period. They just didn't have the offense to capitalize on it. This season they return 9 defenders, and would not suprise me if they topped every single defensive category in the country. And with a decent backfield as opposed to a third string backfield, they might actually score.

No doubt about it, Bama will be tough.

Alabama, imo, still has a lot of problems on offense. QB really has never shown he is that great, OL is quite shaky now, and their defense really can't be much better then last year.....

Originally posted by U-T@Jun 22, 2005 7:10 PM
Alabama, imo, still has a lot of problems on offense. QB really has never shown he is that great, OL is quite shaky now, and their defense really can't be much better then last year.....
[snapback]106598[/snapback]​

They were one of the best last year. Good point on their OL. They will have two freshman playing the OL this season. It's going to be difficult to do as poorly as they did on offense last season.

I really don't think Alabama's D will be as great as they were last year.

They were quite average in 2003...I think they may return to that form

They are returning 9 starters from the nation's 2nd best overall defensive unit last season. Where's the reason to believe their defense will be anything less than spectacular?

Originally posted by U-T@Jun 22, 2005 9:30 PM
I really don't think Alabama's D will be as great as they were last year.

They were quite average in 2003...I think they may return to that form
[snapback]106626[/snapback]​

Alright, I just can't stand this anymore. U-T, those penguins are freaking awesome.

AWESOME.

Thank you. That's my half of $0.04.

Originally posted by milohimself@Jun 22, 2005 9:42 PM
They are returning 9 starters from the nation's 2nd best overall defensive unit last season. Where's the reason to believe their defense will be anything less than spectacular?
[snapback]106645[/snapback]​

Remember that Alabama got to pad its stats against some bad offenses last year, i.e. the Mississippi schools. I think they'll be good, but I find defensive statistics to occasionally be misleading. I think holding bad teams to under 200 total yards doesn't necessarily constitute a great defense.

Originally posted by milohimself@Jun 22, 2005 9:42 PM
[snapback]106645[/snapback]​

There is no specific reason other then I don't believe they will duplicate their success from 2004.

It has happened before in CF where a slew of teammates dont duplicate their success from the previous year

Originally posted by Atreus21@Jun 22, 2005 10:09 PM
Alright, I just can't stand this anymore.  U-T, those penguins are freaking awesome. 

AWESOME.

Thank you.  That's my half of $0.04.
[snapback]106690[/snapback]​

:D

VN Store

Back